• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UofA Regents want students disarmed, defenseless and, most likely, dead.

PavePusher

imported post

More flogging of the ever-so-successful "Gun Free Zone":

http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/campus-correspondent/article_82a2e010-74c6-11df-bca4-001cc4c002e0.html

Regents oppose guns on campus
Becky Pallack/Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:20 am | Comments

As part of this national campaign, the Arizona Board of Regents today resolved to oppose laws that take away a university's ability to ban guns on campus.

Here's the full resolution:

>>>

Whereas, following school shootings at Virginia Tech (2007) and Northern Illinois University (2008), the gun lobby's response was to promote legislation that would prohibit colleges and universities across the country from regulating firearms on college campuses and allow students to possess and carry concealed handguns; and

Whereas, legislation has been introduced in at least 18 states that would prohibit colleges and universities from adopting policies that regulate possession of firearms on campus; and

Whereas, one state - Utah - passed legislation in 2004 that prohibits public schools or state institutions of higher education from adopting or enforcing any "policy pertaining to firearms that in anyway inhibits or restricts the possession or use of firearms on either public or private property;" and

Whereas, colleges and universities have a legal duty to adopt policies to promote a safe environment for students, faculty, and staff, and

Whereas, the vast majority of educational and law enforcement professionals believe that prohibiting firearms on college campuses, except by trained security officers, is an essential element of an overall school safety plan; therefore

The Arizona Board of Regents is opposed to legislation that would preempt an educational institution's right to prohibit or adopt policies to regulate possession of firearms on campus.

<<<</p>

AZkopper

imported post

They can be against green jello in the cafeteria, for all I care, and for all it's worth. Any law passed is the law, regardless of what they 'resolve'.

crisisweasel

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
The Arizona Board of Regents is opposed to legislation that would preempt an educational institution's right to prohibit or adopt policies to regulate possession of firearms on campus.

Whereas, the contempt the U of A has for their students is truly awe inspiring.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Whereas the AZ Board of Regents can have a formalhissy-fit and it doesn't change a thing. UofA is a state school. They really don't 'get it'... do they? GFZ's don't work. 'Never have, never will.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Whereas NONE OF THE SEVERAL MULTIPLE SHOOTINGS ON A SCHOOL CAMPUS HAVE BEEN PERPETRATED BY INDIVIDUALS COMPLYING WITH GFSZ REQUIREMENTS.

Whereas UTAH WHICH ALLOWS FIREARMS TO BE CARRIED IN ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS BY PERSONS WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS HAS NEVER HAD A CASE OF GUN VIOLENCE IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL

We find that it is PROPER FOR ALL ADULTS IN ANY PUBLIC SCHOOL THAT CAN MEET THE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS TO OWN, CARRY, OR POSSESS A FIREARM ARE ENCOURAGED TO DO SO!

There I corrected the Arizona School Regents standing!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The problem is... they have civilized themselves tothe point of ultimate denial. Denial that evil still exists in the perfect worlds of their imagination. They're also in denial that their world exists withinthe state of Arizona... andArizona OWNS THEIR WORLD. Colleges and Universities have a duty to obey the laws of the State in which they exist. Period!

We-the-People

imported post

I'm in college now....a "mature" student..... and academia is simply clueless when it comes to common sense and reality.

While I'm in Oregon, my wife and I are considering AZas the top of the short list of where we are going to move to (unless we go out of country).

Here in Oregon it is legislated that only the state may regulate the carry of firearms yet most of the schools have policies that unlawfully limit a student from carrying. They can call the cops and the cops can't do a damn thing if you have a concealed license. But the school will expel you, unlawfully of course, but then you're not in school and have to spend a ton of money to fight them in court. Wecurrently have a student incivil court for just this matter.

Write to these "educated" bozos and explain to them that while they may not like it it's the law. SUCK IT UP.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

"Whereas, colleges and universities have a legal duty to adopt policies to promote a safe environment for students, faculty, and staff"

They also have a "legal duty" to follow the law.

Ivory tower elitists promoting their imagination, fears and feelings in the face of facts, truth and the law. Some will only learn when their bank accounts are seriously lightened. More effective would be personal liability.

Yata hey

We-the-People

imported post

PERSONAL financial liability is the most effective way to stop intrusions upon the liberties and rights of Americans.

It's the same with all levels of government agents and agencies from Congress and the Senate to BATFE, DHS, down to the state and local agencies all the way down to their individual agents (employees).

Until those who perpetrate and perpetuate unconstitutional and otherwise unlawful acts upon the citizens are caused to pay from their OWN pockets, the insulation layer shall continue to allow such attrocities to be committed.

protector84

imported post

I went to the U of A myself. These examples are the result of what leftist education is all about. I remember clearly that between the classes themselves, dorm living, and on campus activities that there wasa sinister agenda at work. The administration does not believe in simply treating students as adults (which they legally are despite any immaturity) and allowing them to make the most of their individual educations. Instead, the goal is to make and mold everyone into a new togetherness which dissolves individuality, independence, and free thinking. Never do you hear about true creativity, individual needs, personal independent beliefs, etc. Instead, it is all about the community, the people, togetherness, sameness, etc.

Gun politicsis highly relevant in such an agenda. When an agenda is aimed at treating all individuals as one community, then there is no need for individual safety, protection, etc. That is why leftist agendas are against guns. Why should one person need to defend themselves from another if all is one and one is all? I won't forget one time I was confronted by the head of the dorm house I was staying at asking me why I wasn't hanging out with the other dormmates and why I was often not around on weekends. If that isn't proof of this leftist educational agenda, I don't know what is. When you hear repeatedly the term "community" then another similar word should quickly come to mind.

Similar agendas are affecting the American workplace as well. Again, "Why do you need guns at work?" Gun control is not about guns, it is about control. That is why individuality is quashed and large groups of individuals are treated as one large "community" where everyone is supposed to be the same: it makes it easier to control them.

I don't care what the sign says, I carry my gun.