• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what do you do if you cant carry at work?

J1Nitro

imported post

what do you do if you are forbidden by company policies to carry your firearm at work?

it seems like a problem, considering they are taking away your method of protection, especially if you rely on public transportation to get to and from your place of employment. Especially for me. I have to take public transportation at 11:00 PM at night, and then early in the morning. Not the best time to go around unarmed in the area I work.

Bob Warden

imported post

J1Nitro wrote:
what do you do if you are forbidden by company policies to carry your firearm at work?
You cross your fingers and hope that lethal self-defense is not required. Or pray, depending on your personal preferences.

knight_308

imported post

It's up to you to evaluate the risk/reward ratio of the various options.

Alternative suggestions would be a storage unit near work where you could leave your gear, a sympathetic coworker's car (parked off-site), bear mace, or talking to your management. They might be flexible given the type of hours you're working.

You also don't mention if you're an office drone or do more phyiscal work. That changes things a bit (I wouldn't use my pager pal if I was doing anything more strenuous than walking).

daddy4count

imported post

The company policy where I work is that firearms are not allowed, except where permitted by law... so I can carry at work without too much worry.

At my last job there was a strict no firearms policy on company property, including parking lots...

I'm not saying I disregarded company policy... but being a citizen licensed to carry concealed and since nobody ever actually SAW me carrying my weapon...

:cool:

killchain

imported post

I would never do such a thing as to disobey a company's policy and carry a concealed pistol on my person while at work.

That would be WRONG.

I'm sure my cup of tea/coffee/soda/water will protect me proper if an assailant comes into my place of work. I can splash it in their eyes and make an escape to call the police! Once their spider senses detect my police phone waves, they will run for the hills!

Tawnos

imported post

Practice unarmed self defense, and eat steak at work often enough that your pocket knife is known as your steak knife.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

"what do you do if you are forbidden by company policies to carry your firearm at work?"

Do it anyway. Are criminals banned from carrying at your work? Yes. Will they do it anyway if they want to kill someone? YES!

:cuss: getting fired :cuss: getting written up and :cuss: getting arrested. You cannot defend yourself in criminal or civil court if you are dead.

Aaron1124

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
"what do you do if you are forbidden by company policies to carry your firearm at work?"

Do it anyway. Are criminals banned from carrying at your work? Yes. Will they do it anyway if they want to kill someone? YES!

:cuss: getting fired :cuss: getting written up and :cuss: getting arrested. You cannot defend yourself in criminal or civil court if you are dead.
I agree. The only way you'd get arrested for carrying at work is if your work is one of the off limits places, forbidden by law

amlevin

imported post

J1Nitro wrote:

The last person at work that asked me if I was carrying, I asked them in return if they were wearing underwear. Their response was "what's that got to do with it" and my response was "in either case it's nobody's business".

There is a definite advantage to some of the compact firearms out there.