• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you tired of the Walmart Post?

Are you sick of the "Wallyworld" post?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Good for the Cause

• Shut up and go home!

• Total voters

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

t_lkr_blue.png
i cant belive this thread is not locked yet:what:

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

Haz. wrote:
Ericfrompahrump wrote;

"
withing a few years china will be selling cars here for very low prices
"

This is what to expect in the USA before too long. Wehave lost many thousands of motorvehicle jobs over the last 2 years and now this.

Cars made in China here now. Started selling this year.Our Australianbuilt and American built cars and 4X4's for around $40 to $80 thousand dollars depending on make and model. Our Jeep Cherokee is one of the bestof threevehicles we own.

25 June 2009, Chines built and imported into Australia a 4X4 duel cab V240, Ex360andSA220 ute drive away . . . . $23990 / $26990

http://www.greatwallmotors.com.au/default.asp?action=article&ID=21659

The V240 4x2 will sell in Australia for a class leading $23,990 on road with the 4x4 option costing a modest $3,000 extra, while the SA220 will sell for a remarkable $18,990 on road. Both vehicles offer buyers superior equipment levels, including electric windows, alloy wheels, leather trimmed seats and air conditioning and a genuine opportunity to enter the new car market at the equivalent of a second-hand price.
since theres lead in the glass windows it might be a bad idea to lick them

better not munch the carpet either

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Haz. wrote:
Ericfrompahrump wrote;

"
"

This is what to expect in the USA before too long. Wehave lost many thousands of motorvehicle jobs over the last 2 years and now this.

Cars made in China here now. Started selling this year.Our Australianbuilt and American built cars and 4X4's for around $40 to $80 thousand dollars depending on make and model. Our Jeep Cherokee is one of the bestof threevehicles we own.

25 June 2009, Chines built and imported into Australia a 4X4 duel cab V240, Ex360andSA220 ute drive away . . . . $23990 / $26990

The V240 4x2 will sell in Australia for a class leading $23,990 on road with the 4x4 option costing a modest $3,000 extra, while the SA220 will sell for a remarkable $18,990 on road. Both vehicles offer buyers superior equipment levels, including electric windows, alloy wheels, leather trimmed seats and air conditioning and a genuine opportunity to enter the new car market at the equivalent of a second-hand price.
soon, you will be able to buy those trucks at Walmart supercenters, half the parking lot, will be turned into a car lot. :lol:

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:Glock34 wrote:
Haz. wrote:
Ericfrompahrump wrote;

"
"

soon, you will be able to buy those trucks at Walmart supercenters, half the parking lot, will be turned into a car lot. :lol:
:banghead:

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Haz. wrote:
Ericfrompahrump wrote;

"
"

and maybe after that you can buy a trailer to live in

Hunterdave

imported post

I bet " the green" eric was talkin about smokin was imported from Mexico.
The supposed pistol he owns, an Armacor Medallion , imported from the Philippines.
His buy American/fail.

PT111

imported post

I just find it amazing that with all the posts on this an other boards about how unfriendly Wal-mart is to OC, guns and people that the incidents continue to happen. In almost every case where someone posts about a business being OC un-friendly it is followed with advisories to vote with your feet and dollars by boycotting that business. If this were almost any other business we would never hear of an incident with them because no one would ever go there.

Why with Wal-Mart do we continue to get complaints almost daily about how they treat people? It is often said that stupidity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. If you go to Wal-Mart you know what to expect. I agree with the OP that it becomes silly to keep posting the same results from the same experience as if one is surprised at it.

Either don't shop at Wal-Mart or don't complain about it. If you jump off the Golden Gate Bridge you are probably going to get wet so don't complain about the fact that you didn't think to bring a towel with you.

eye95

imported post

PT111 wrote:
I just find it amazing that with all the posts on this an other boards about how unfriendly Wal-mart is to OC, guns and people that the incidents continue to happen. In almost every case where someone posts about a business being OC un-friendly it is followed with advisories to vote with your feet and dollars by boycotting that business. If this were almost any other business we would never hear of an incident with them because no one would ever go there.

Why with Wal-Mart do we continue to get complaints almost daily about how they treat people? It is often said that stupidity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. If you go to Wal-Mart you know what to expect. I agree with the OP that it becomes silly to keep posting the same results from the same experience as if one is surprised at it.

Either don't shop at Wal-Mart or don't complain about it. If you jump off the Golden Gate Bridge you are probably going to get wet so don't complain about the fact that you didn't think to bring a towel with you.
Wal-Mart's policy is gun-neutral (which is all that I expect). That they have some rogue employees who are unaware of the policy and act inappropriately does not motivate me to stop shopping there.

I shop at Wal-Mart all the time while OCing. No one has ever said word one to me.

I will continue to shop there because it represents economic Liberty; it represents American ideals.

Now, if a company, say Sears/K-Mart has a stated corporate anti-gun policy, I will not shop there. They are anti-Liberty. They are un-American.

ecocks

imported post

eye95 wrote:
PT111 wrote:

Wal-Mart's policy is gun-neutral (which is all that I expect). That they have some rogue employees who are unaware of the policy and act inappropriately does not motivate me to stop shopping there.

I shop at Wal-Mart all the time while OCing. No one has ever said word one to me.

I will continue to shop there because it represents economic Liberty; it represents American ideals.

Now, if a company, say Sears/K-Mart has a stated corporate anti-gun policy, I will not shop there. They are anti-Liberty. They are un-American.

Re: Walmart

Same here. There are 4 stores where I go regularly without any problems. Their gun-neutral policy has no negative impact on me and, IMO, none on the RKBA.

Re: Sears & K-Mart

An anti-gun policy is definitely a negative impact on me AND on the RKBA.

So, I shop 4-5 times a week at WM and never in Sears or Walmart.

ecocks

imported post

Why not Eric?

We're discussing reactions to various corporate policies on gun rights, which is what the purpose of the forum is supposed to be so why lock it (in your opinion)?

ecocks

imported post

Looking for another ban with that picture? No need to be overly gross.

Your dislike of Walmart doesn't seem to have any bearing on the RKBA so, no real answer regarding a reason to lock the thread.

The biggest legitimate dissatisfaction with Walmart over the years seems to stem from their inconsistent application of policy. Mostly that involves communications and training of their employees on just whatare and aren't company policies and rules. This was eventually refined to be a deliberate conspiracy that Walmart was actually anti-gun and was going to end the sale of rifles completely.

For some reason, few seemed to "get" that Walmart (like most businesses) sells what they can make a profit on and sets policy accordingly. My impression was that the anti-crowd was irrational on the subject.

Anotheraccusation I recall were the rumors 5-6 years ago that they negotiated with the gun manufacturers to supply QA-questionable,lower quality rifles and ammo in order to sell at cheaper prices. There were urban legend stories from people swearing that manufacturers' customer serviceemployees confessed this, shooters who claimed they could document that theserial numbers of the same models didn't shoot as consistently as ones with differentseries of numbers and other similar claims. None were ever verified.This always struck me as one of those deliberate misinformation projects where the small businesses were trying to establish how inferior Walmart's products were.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

ecocks wrote:
Looking for another ban with that picture? No need to be overly gross.

Your dislike of Walmart doesn't seem to have any bearing on the RKBA so, no real answer regarding a reason to lock the thread. it does when they destroy our industry and get taken over by communist china

The biggest legitimate dissatisfaction with Walmart over the years seems to stem from their inconsistent application of policy. Mostly that involves communications and training of their employees on just whatare and aren't company policies and rules. This was eventually refined to be a deliberate conspiracy that Walmart was actually anti-gun and was going to end the sale of rifles completely.

For some reason, few seemed to "get" that Walmart (like most businesses) sells what they can make a profit on and sets policy accordingly. My impression was that the anti-crowd was irrational on the subject.

Anotheraccusation I recall were the rumors 5-6 years ago that they negotiated with the gun manufacturers to supply QA-questionable,lower quality rifles and ammo in order to sell at cheaper prices. There were urban legend stories from people swearing that manufacturers' customer serviceemployees confessed this, shooters who claimed they could document that theserial numbers of the same models didn't shoot as consistently as ones with differentseries of numbers and other similar claims. None were ever verified.This always struck me as one of those deliberate misinformation projects where the small businesses were trying to establish how inferior Walmart's products were. they have a serious influence on all of theirmanufacturers and most manufacturers will comply to their demands of a cheaper product by moving overseas

TTcrunchberry

imported post

ericfrompahrump wrote:
keep buying crap from china they will own us and take over and take your guns
Considering how much money we borrow from China and how much we owe them and how much we will probably never be able to pay back, I'm sure they will own us anyways!!

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

TTcrunchberry wrote:
ericfrompahrump wrote:
keep buying crap from china they will own us and take over and take your guns
Considering how much money we borrow from China and how much we owe them and how much we will probably never be able to pay back, I'm sure they will own us anyways!!

theres a chance im wrong

lets see in 40 or 50 years thats a good amount of time to think how we are going to explain to our grandkids why we live in straw huts and eat insects and worms