Thread: Does anyone carry copies of Oregon Open Carry Laws on them?

Post imported post

Will be my first time open carrrying this weekend. I couldnt find the exact law or code that states "Oregon is and Open Carry State", or something of the sort. Could anyone point that to me? I would like to print something out and have it with me.

Post imported post

See post #2 for pamphlet....
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...amphlet+oregon

also....don't forget about the ban cities, unless you have a CHL...
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum45/923.html

Post imported post

I carry a condensed version of Oregon Revised Statutes as applies to firearms carried by a person with a CHL. I simply copied and pasted the relevant sections from the legislative website into a word processor. Then I deleted all the stuff that didn't apply to ME (CHL and open carry) and highlighted the stuff that was most likely to be needed.

In 10 pitch font it takes 3 sheets of paper, double sided print, and folds up nicely with my trifold pamphlets.

I also made sure that I had the DEFINITIONS of "public place" and "public building" sections,the "menacing" statute, the 170 and 173 "preemption" parts, etc.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

i do not carry a copy because i figure if a good cop is going to arrest me, he will not be swayed by a copy of something i am giving him.....

and if i am arrested, my lawyer better be able to look up the laws.....

and if anyone i meet is just curious, i refer them here....

cuts down on paperwork!

*Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Post imported post

Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
    i do not carry a copy because i figure if a good cop is going to arrest me, he will not be swayed by a copy of something i am giving him.....

cuts down on paperwork!

1) Correct, a LEO will do what he intends to do...

2) Correct, your lawyer darn well better be able to look up the laws...

3) Well..... I do carry around the WA pamphlets to give to people who are genuinely curious about open carry. It has led to many people joining us here on OCDO and gives them something tangible and believable to reference and assist in educating their curiosity.

When I leave the house and open carry (90% of the time) I have made a pledge to be courteous, polite, professional and take the time to educate others. I would encourage you to do the same.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    Teddybearfrmhell wrote:

cuts down on paperwork!

3) Well..... I do carry around the WA pamphlets to give to people who are genuinely curious about open carry. It has led to many people joining us here on OCDO and gives them something tangible and believable to reference and assist in educating their curiosity.

When I leave the house and open carry (90% of the time) I have made a pledge to be courteous, polite, professional and take the time to educate others. I would encourage you to do the same.
    while i do NOT carry educational materiel with me, as i stated, i DO refer them directly to the source.... OPENCARRY.ORG.... this way they get the information unfiltered by my opinions and prejudices.... and i am always polite and professional because i totally believe that an "armed society is a polite society"
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Post imported post

Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    Teddybearfrmhell wrote:

cuts down on paperwork!

while i do NOT carry educational materiel with me, as i stated, i DO refer them directly to the source.... OPENCARRY.ORG.... this way they get the information unfiltered by my opinions and prejudices.... and i am always polite and professional because i totally believe that an "armed society is a polite society"
    Teddy,

I do understand, I am just saying that people are extremely forgetful and if you give them a tangible object they are more likely to find us and build the movement.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    Teddybearfrmhell wrote:

cuts down on paperwork!

Teddy,

I do understand, I am just saying that people are extremely forgetful and if you give them a tangible object they are more likely to find us and build the movement.
    i AM one of the forgetfull, any pamphlet or card or flyer would be perched on my dresser , ready to go.... and still there evertime i came back!

Post imported post

Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
    i AM one of the forgetfull, any pamphlet or card or flyer would be perched on my dresser , ready to go.... and still there evertime i came back!

Ah, well.... carry on!
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

I carry this http://www.apps.schematixdesign.com/ibeararms/

It's up on the forum banner.

Post imported post

Pretty cool but I prefer my personally developed, printed copy of relevant laws. It makes a handy "folder" to place my Open Carry pamphlets into and then it just slips into a back pocket or, during winter, the inside pocket of my coat. At school I keep pamphlets in my binder.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.