• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

first open carry run in

timinmontgomery

imported post

I was shopping in my local Wal-mart with my .380 properly holstered andI was approached by 2 employees. They asked why I was carrying a gun in the open. I explained that Alabama was an open carry state and I had the right to carry openly. I was asked to pull my shirt over my gun because the site of my gun was making customers leave. I did, only because I was about to leave.

I was wondering if anyone else in the Montgomery area have been in similar situations.

DJDD

imported post

timinmontgomery wrote:
I was shopping in my local Wal-mart with my .380 properly holstered andI was approached by 2 employees. They asked why I was carrying a gun in the open. I explained that Alabama was an open carry state and I had the right to carry openly. I was asked to pull my shirt over my gun because the site of my gun was making customers leave. I did, only because I was about to leave.

I was wondering if anyone else in the Montgomery area have been in similar situations.
Which Wal-Mart were you at? I OC in the Prattville Wal-Mart all the time and have no issues. You shouldn't have too many issues in the area besides uninformed citizens (and hard headed LEOs) so I wouldn't give too much thought to it. I run all over Montgomery while OC'ing and haven't had a problem there yet.

timinmontgomery

imported post

I was at the Wal-Mart on the ES Blvd. They were polite, but uninformed. The man had a CCW permit and had no idea about OC. I told him about the website and he said he would check it out.

steveman01

imported post

funny thing is, If it were not considered private property (indoors), and one had no CC "permit". They would be asking you to commit a crime just to continue shopping there.

That's what I told the Boaz Wal-Mart when they asked me to do the same.