Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastpointe officer stops to Thank me!

Post imported post

I was walking my dogs as I usually do(OCing of course). I had been thinking, since my last Eastpointe stop and subsequent meeting with the Deputy Police Chief, that I most likely wouldn't have any future OC issues in the city. I was heading down Toepher when an Eastpointe officer drove past me. To my surprise, he did a U-turn and pulled up along side of me. From the front seat of the car, he asked if I was the guy he had seen on the news a while back? I replied, yes, Fox News Detroit. He asked if it would be ok if we talked for a minute. Once out of the car he shook my hand and said "Thanks. A lot of us guys(other officers) support what you do!" He said he had told himself if he ever saw me out and around he would stop to talk to me. He said the department got some great training on OC after my last stop. What an absolute great police interaction!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-18-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Banned

Post imported post

I have been waiting (and hoping) for that to happen.

Perhaps you should write them a little thank you?

Post imported post

Wow! Really great!!:celebrate

Post imported post

Always nice to hear about professional law enforcement officers. We know they're out there!
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

One more crime deterred is one less police report they need to file. Less work = less stressed, and overall, happier cops.

Great job man, and a personal thanks to Eastpointe PD, if you happen to read this.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

After your last interaction in Marysville, this was probably a welcome occurrence!
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

It sounds like I won't have much to worry about during the Gratiot Cruise.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Like I've said before, make friends, not enimies.

Awesome story.

Post imported post

We're finally starting to get to where we wanted to be all along! Awesome!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

haha, i knew the good cops were out there somewhere!
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Post imported post

Very Cool!

Post imported post

Outstanding and very encouraging!
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Post imported post

:celebrate

always wanted to use that one...now ive found a reason to!
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

Great post!

You truly are making a change for the better in your community! Way to go!

+1,000,000,000

:celebrate:celebrate
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    :celebrate:celebrate
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

Superb!

Post imported post

Great job all around. I assume he didn't ask for your ID. :P
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

Excellent!

Post imported post

How about that...

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

if we are to be critical of law enforcement when their attitudes go against our rights or overstep their boundaries and publicly condemn them then we should be equally quick to commend when it happens. also one officers negative actions shouldn't be held against an entire department and one officers commendable handling shouldn't be cause to let your guard down around others in their agency. they are held to a legal standard that we are not. it is not an easy job and many factors have to be weighed quickly when dealing with people. like any other profession some are good - some aren't. mainstreaming OC in part is to get all LEO on the same page.

Banned

Post imported post

No one holds a gun to their heads forcing them to go to work. If they cant handle upholding the constitution and confuse their position as servants, then they deserve whatever they get.

Post imported post

Let's do our best to keep a postive thread from devolving with anti-Leo rhetoric. By in large, Leo's do a great job. Let's not forget that.

Post imported post

scot623 wrote:
    Let's do our best to keep a postive thread from devolving with anti-Leo rhetoric. By in large, Leo's do a great job. Let's not forget that.
    +1
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned

Post imported post

I couldnt agree more, they do a great job, but its a two way street. If they do a good job, they should be recognised, if not, they should be called out on it.

Banned

Post imported post

scot623 wrote:
    I was walking my dogs as I usually do(OCing of course). I had been thinking, since my last Eastpointe stop and subsequent meeting with the Deputy Police Chief, that I most likely wouldn't have any future OC issues in the city. I was heading down Toepher when an Eastpointe officer drove past me. To my surprise, he did a U-turn and pulled up along side of me. From the front seat of the car, he asked if I was the guy he had seen on the news a while back? I replied, yes, Fox News Detroit. He asked if it would be ok if we talked for a minute. Once out of the car he shook my hand and said "Thanks. A lot of us guys(other officers) support what you do!" He said he had told himself if he ever saw me out and around he would stop to talk to me. He said the department got some great training on OC after my last stop. What an absolute great police interaction!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    badass buddy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast