• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastpointe officer stops to Thank me!

Beerme

Banned
imported post

scot623 wrote:
I was walking my dogs as I usually do(OCing of course). I had been thinking, since my last Eastpointe stop and subsequent meeting with the Deputy Police Chief, that I most likely wouldn't have any future OC issues in the city. I was heading down Toepher when an Eastpointe officer drove past me. To my surprise, he did a U-turn and pulled up along side of me. From the front seat of the car, he asked if I was the guy he had seen on the news a while back? I replied, yes, Fox News Detroit. He asked if it would be ok if we talked for a minute. Once out of the car he shook my hand and said "Thanks. A lot of us guys(other officers) support what you do!" He said he had told himself if he ever saw me out and around he would stop to talk to me. He said the department got some great training on OC after my last stop. What an absolute great police interaction!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

badass buddy!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

On a positive LEO note: Yesterday I ran into the former chief of Taylor's Auxiliary Police force. I was at Wendy's (OC friendly) & happened to be leaving at the same time he and his wife were. I struck up a conversation & he thanked me & all the other OC guys for bringing Open Carry into the light in Taylor. He then showed me his strong side, and guess what ....he was OCing! Not only that he had tri-folds in the visor of his truck that he hands out. I was shocked & needless to say very pleased by this positive OC encounter with a Retired PD Chief. He threw in that OC is so much more comfortable!:D

We are making progress Guys & Gals!

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

At least we're having much better luck than those poor people in PRK. (People's Republic of Kalifornicated.) For now, all they can carry are UNloaded pistols, but soon, may not be "allowed" to OC at all.

To the OP, +1 on the encounter. Let's hope we can all have that sort of interaction with local LEOs.

Tao

imported post

kryptonian wrote:
if we are to be critical of law enforcement when their attitudes go against our rights or overstep their boundaries and publicly condemn them then we should be equally quick to commend when it happens. also one officers negative actions shouldn't be held against an entire department and one officers commendable handling shouldn't be cause to let your guard down around others in their agency. they are held to a legal standard that we are not. it is not an easy job and many factors have to be weighed quickly when dealing with people. like any other profession some are good - some aren't. mainstreaming OC in part is to get all LEO on the same page.
ALL of it too true not to quote.

Give them hell when they're wrong.

Give them equal praise when they're right.

Be equally prepared to deal with both.