• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Road trip to the Oregun coast thru California

Teddybearfrmhell

imported post

So i just got back from spending a few days on the oregon coast with my girls..... we rented a cottage at whaleshead in brookings, ocean view, hot tub, bbq..... what more could a guy want?

a more direct route, thats what...... if you drive hiway 199 out of grants pass and catch 101 in crescent city you must travel 44 miles in the Peoples Republic Of California. I stopped at the "Leaving Oregon" signs and unholstered, unloaded, cased the gun, locked the gun case and then locked the gun case in the trunk.... At each "Entering Oregon" sign i pulled over and reversed the proceedure, there by making my loved ones safe again.

i swear, my girls BOTH let out a sigh and grinned when i was once again armed and ready .... me being disarmed was unnatural for them and i didnt realize how stressfull it was for all of us.

california recieved no money on this trip, nor will it ever..... the girls wanted me to stop at the liquor store and get a few of my fav bourbons because of the larger selection and the much lower prices....but i did not, i put my money where my mouth is, california cant keep me safe nor do they allow me to make myself safe, so i gave them nothing but car exhaust....

just wish there was a more direct route, they wouldnt even get that!

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
So i just got back from spending a few days on the oregon coast with my girls..... we rented a cottage at whaleshead in brookings, ocean view, hot tub, bbq..... what more could a guy want?

a more direct route, thats what...... if you drive hiway 199 out of grants pass and catch 101 in crescent city you must travel 44 miles in the Peoples Republic Of California. I stopped at the "Leaving Oregon" signs and unholstered, unloaded, cased the gun, locked the gun case and then locked the gun case in the trunk.... At each "Entering Oregon" sign i pulled over and reversed the proceedure, there by making my loved ones safe again.

i swear, my girls BOTH let out a sigh and grinned when i was once again armed and ready .... me being disarmed was unnatural for them and i didnt realize how stressfull it was for all of us.

california recieved no money on this trip, nor will it ever..... the girls wanted me to stop at the liquor store and get a few of my fav bourbons because of the larger selection and the much lower prices....but i did not, i put my money where my mouth is, california cant keep me safe nor do they allow me to make myself safe, so i gave them nothing but car exhaust....

I have been extensively working on the California issues with a rather large coalition of people to fix these issues. I wholeheartedly believe that we will be able to carry as out of state residents within California within the next 18 months.

Teddybearfrmhell

imported post

Gray Peterson wrote:
Teddybearfrmhell wrote:

I have been extensively working on the California issues with a rather large coalition of people to fix these issues. I wholeheartedly believe that we will be able to carry as out of state residents within California within the next 18 months.
reciprocation?

Flanders007

imported post

Gray Peterson wrote:
Teddybearfrmhell wrote:

Northern Cali's succession from So Cal? I propose a border just south of Carmel

Teddybearfrmhell

imported post

Flanders007 wrote:
Gray Peterson wrote:
Teddybearfrmhell wrote:

Northern Cali's succession from So Cal? I propose a border just south of Carmel
the state of jefferson was an attempt to create a state from northern cal and southern oregon....

Teddybearfrmhell

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
I believe Gray is refering to 50 state reciprocity.

I agree, it is just a matter of time....
it would be the sane way to do it, but i do not see all 50 states agreeing to this, the anti gunners will never ever give it up willingly...... and electing officials on a ONE AGENDA platform never works for long..... very small window of opportunity... one term most likely

We-the-People

imported post

When the second amendment is incorporated by the US Supremem court, things will start changing rapidly.

In the mean time, to lawfully carry a firearm in Calif you merely need to remove the clip and clear the chamber (or remove all ammo from the cylinder of a revolver). It can be carried on the dash with the ammunition right next to it. HOWEVER, you must remain 1000 feet from any K-12 school when carrying in this manner.

To be safe from an unknown school i just pull the clip, clear the chamber, and put the weapon and clip into a locking gun case. Just don't have the key in the lock when an officer approaches your vehicle and you're legal. ALSO, since it's locked, he needs a search warrant to open it.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

it would be the sane way to do it, but i do not see all 50 states agreeing to this, the anti gunners will never ever give it up willingly...... and electing officials on a ONE AGENDA platform never works for long..... very small window of opportunity... one term most likely

Just last year the US Senate was just 1 vote away from making it a reality.

It will happen. National Park carry....check. Amtrack baggage carry....check. Heller....check. McDonald.......perhaps on Monday!

Things are going our way. One lawsuit, one bill at a time.

Teddybearfrmhell

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

It will happen. National Park carry....check. Amtrack baggage carry....check. Heller....check. McDonald.......perhaps on Monday!

ok, so we vote out all thise who voted against it, how long till it is back on the floor for a vote? it has to happen within one term or some other ONE AGENDA candidate will replace ours and we will have to watch them "save the sea crickets"!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

ok, so we vote out all thise who voted against it, how long till it is back on the floor for a vote? it has to happen within one term or some other ONE AGENDA candidate will replace ours and we will have to watch them "save the sea crickets"!

I believe what you will see...

McDonald incorporates 2A to the states via 14A. Several lawsuits in many states and circuit courts are in the pipelines, including 'shall issue' lawsuits in states like CA that are 'may issue', soon all states are 'shall issue' and have a common denominator of age, background check, etc... Senate/House sees momentum again towards standardizing and unifying the states reciprocity and the vote happens again! About a 1 to 2 year process.

Gray can give a better description of many more things going on, but it will happen. Look even the 9th Circuit ruled in favor of 2A in Nordyke and is just waiting for SCOTUS. Things are going well for us, it is just a patient, one lawsuit at a time approach.