• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Manhunt for MD Trooper Killer (video)

Sig229

imported post

[sarcasm]Thank goodness that carrying handguns is illegal in MD.
Or else someone could get hurt! Oh, wait a minute....
[/sarcasm]

Lets keep the troopers family in our thoughts and prayers., Its a shame this happened. If MD was a state where a few people in that restaurant was allowed to carry, I guarantee you that scumbag (shooter) wouldn't have been able to sneak up on that trooper with a pistol.

Or at the very least, he wouldn't have left the restaurant without a fight.

" Police are still searching for a man they said shot and killed an off-duty Maryland state trooper who was working security at a Prince George's County restaurant."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyjgdjBbCNc

Mr H

imported post

My wife is a teacher in the Forestville area, and they were on edge all day.

Here's hoping they find him fast, before he can pull something on someone else who doesn't deserve it.

Apparently the trooper was well-respected in the community, as a mentor to young people, trying to keep them from becoming statistics, themselves.

Personally, I'm not keen on paying for a trial... but that's me.

Sig229

imported post

Mr H wrote:
My wife is a teacher in the Forestville area, and they were on edge all day.

Here's hoping they find him fast, before he can pull something on someone else who doesn't deserve it.

Apparently the trooper was well-respected in the community, as a mentor to young people, trying to keep them from becoming statistics, themselves.

Personally, I'm not keen on paying for a trial... but that's me.

I agree.

What I dont understand is, why didnt the news story give out the description of the suspect?

Statistics show that the quicker they get the description of a suspect out after the crime, the better the chances are at catching him/her.

Mr H

imported post

The cynic in me says, "It's PG county... something's fishy"

The realist says the MSP is on to something and is willing to sacrifice the public trust to solve it.

Oh... wait.... That's cynical too.

Sorry... it's all I got.

;-)

Sig229

imported post

Mr H wrote:
The cynic in me says, "It's PG county... something's fishy"

The realist says the MSP is on to something and is willing to sacrifice the public trust to solve it.

Oh... wait.... That's cynical too.

Sorry... it's all I got.

No, I was thinking along the same lines.

We all know hoe the MD police think, and they would be highly embarrassed if John Q Public caught the guy. Even though in most cases it is a civilian who identifies a wanted suspect.

But hey, the MDSP will get to spend a few million dollars for extra toys manpower and time looking for him.

Not to mention, think about how many innocent people they will get to rough up and violate they're rights in the process.

Dreamer

imported post

The wheels are falling COMPLETELY OFF in Prince George's County MD...

Another LEO was shot today, attempting to apprehend the suspects in an attempted robbery. An employee of an Exxon station was walking their deposit to the BB&T across the street, and was approached by a pair of armed suspects.

An off-duty PG County cop was driving by and saw this, and attempted to apprehend the suspects. A struggle ensued, and one of the suspects attempted to grab the LEO's firearm from his holster (why the HELL wasn't it already in his hand, if he saw two guys with a gun attempting to rob someone in broad daylight?!?!?!) and the officer's firearm discharged several times.

The officer and one of the suspects were injured, and one suspect fled.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Prince-Georges-Officer-Shot-During-Chase-96292268.html

This story is a "double whammy" for pro-2A people. First it's an open-air, broad daylight attempted robbery in MD of a person who by all rational thinking SHOULD have been legally carrying (a bank deposit courier) AND they were going to BB&T (which is notoriously anti-2A, even in 2A-friendly states like where their HQ is--NC).

So HOW is that "gun control" think working out for you, Gov. O'Malley, and BB&T?

Apparently the MSP's anti-gun brainwashing is SO effective in MD that even the police believe that when they are not wearing a uniform, the use or display of a gun is inappropriate...

Apparently, it's OK for four PG Co. cops in full riot gear to beat the stuffing out of a college kid for having the chutzpa to dare to walk down THEIR street, but if a REAL criminal is pointing a gun at a law-abiding citizen, and the cop is out-of-uniform, he can't do anything more than yell at the BG, even if he's carrying...

WTF?...

Dreamer

imported post

Another report of the OP story, says that the officer was wearing soft body armor, but somehow, the bullet managed to hit him in the heart. Also, this story says that the gun and spent casings were found on the scene. It also says that he was talking on his cell phone when he was shot:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100611/ap_on_re_us/us_maryland_trooper_killed

And another story says that PG Co. Police have a "person of interest" in custody today (on another, unrelated charge) and are questioning him...

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1978059

BREAKING NEWS!
They have made an arrest in the Applebees shooting of a MSP officer:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...hot-arrest-20100614,0,1313143.story?track=rss

And wouldn't you know it, Governor O'Malley himself is holding a press conference. I WONDER what the tone of his comments will be? Probably that MD needs EVEN MORE gun control laws...