Thread: Nothing Happened, Again

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Had the day off today (already did 40 hours this week), so it was a good time to take care of some stuff. Off to Lin's Sunoco in Northern Cambria for a car inspection (expired the end of May). They said it might take a while, so I walked a block down to my employer's office and picked up my paycheck. I then sauntered a few blocks down to the First Commonwealth branch to cash the check, followed by a trip to the barbershop (Connie's Cuts, $8 per), then back to Lin's. Didn't look like the car was going to get done in the morning, so we arranged for me to come back in the afternoon.

Afternoon arrived, and I drove once again to the service station. Keys in the ignition, papers on the passenger seat, we were good to go. Got a cup of coffee and wandered in and out (sitting still was never my cup of tea) while the vehicle was certified as roadworthy. It was. I shelled out my $15.45 (no emission inspection required) and drove home.

Wife and I later went to the 240 Restaurant on (guess where) State Route 240. It was a little crowded, but we found an empty table and had our meal (not the greatest in the world, but far better than the live bait they also had for sale at the front counter).

Open carried all the time. No stares. No questions. No old ladies fainting dead away.

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:
    Wife and I later went to the 240 Restaurant on (guess where) State Route 240. It was a little crowded, but we found an empty table and had our meal (not the greatest in the world, but far better than the live bait they also had for sale at the front counter).
    In the Star Trek universe a Klingon would call the "worms" Gagh and would probably find them (the "worms") much more tasty than the other "human" foods on the menu.

Qapla'!

Scott

Post imported post

Those were my thoughts exactly. I pointed out to my wife that must have been the Klingon menu posted on the counter. Her retort was that she couldn't take me anywhere in public.

Post imported post

Nerds..

(said the guy with the Klingon tattoo.. )

-Adam

McX

Post imported post

gagh is best served live!

Regular Member the last gunfighter's Avatar

Talking trekkie

yes live gagh is great but you must have it with heart of targ and breat lung and wash it down with bloodwine

Well, this is Rural Pennsylvania, so anything's possible, even day-old road kill.

Nothing keeps happening to me too...I see a trend developing.

OCed as usual, one Hi-Point C9 in a Fobus holster, slacks, dress shirt with rolled-up sleeves, no tie, black socks and shoes. Oh, also wore my Fedora - no baseball cap today.

Wife's birthday, so I took her to dinner in Indiana. Held the door for some older people exiting, got seated, ordered, ate, used the facilities, again held the door for some older people entering as we exited. Older gentleman entering wanted to know what caliber my pistol was. I answered his question and we went on our way.

Next stop Wally World. Wifey-poo insisted. Oh well, while there I picked up some dog food, some bird seed (the wild birds absolutely love our bird feeders) and, since I was there, some .40-caliber ammo for my S&W Sigma (seventeen some odd bucks for a box of 50 FMJs). Bozo behind the ammo counter (in his 50s, but not the brightest lightbulb in the room) wasn't sure if he could sell me ammo with me wearing a gun on my hip. I pointed out I was carrying a 9mm but I was purchasing .40-caliber ammo. It finally sunk in and the sale was completed. Wandered around the store until Wifey-poo and I found each other, at which point we proceeded to the check-out.

All in all an uneventful afternoon OCing in White Township, Indiana County.

Oh, I gave bozo clerk a Pa. Open Carry flyer (I always carry two or three in my wallet for emergencies).

Off yesterday, but I still had to stop by the office in the evening to find out what I was doing today. OCed as usual, one Hi-Point C9 in a Fobus holster (no fancy clothes, just shorts, shirt and baseball cap). Outside the office door a few coworkers were smoking. One commented that I couldn't bring "that peashooter" inside. Bess (not her real name), our evening, 20-something clerk, responded, "Trust me, that's no peashooter."

Also stopped by the pizza joint and the hardware store. No comments, ever.

Life in a small town - priceless.

Funny, we've had a huge outbreak of that here in Arizona as well... nothing happening.

No blood running in the streets, no shootouts over (shady) parking spots, no drunken shootouts in bars, nothing!

Where's all the violence the Brady Bunch promised us would happen? Could they be wrong???

-end sarcasm-

I'm glad things are going well for you guys, keep up the good work!

-MH
    Last edited by March Hare; 08-27-2010 at 10:56 AM.