• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Townhall Meeting: Sen. Marsden & Del. Filler-corn

fairfax1

Townhall Meeting: Senator Marsden (D-37th) & Delegate Filler-corn (D-41st)
Saturday, June 19th 2010 from 1 - 2:30 pm
Pohick Library, Burke VA

On July 1st, hundreds of new laws will be added to the Code of Virginia. Some bills made relatively small changes to codes, usually of a technical nature, but others will affect our lives every day. That is why on Saturday, June 19th from 1 - 2:30 pm, Senator Marsden and I will be holding a town hall meeting at the Pohick Library (6450 Sydenstricker Rd) in Burke, so we can discuss some of the upcoming changes to our laws and also answer any questions you may have.

http://www.eileenfillercorn.com/campaign/news/

nova

imported post

ocing? :)

I'll be there one way or another, I like public meeting places, especially when they're close to home!

eta: if only NSL could bring his truth-ensuring camera...:lol:
I bet the gun bills will be brought up, perhaps even some blood-in-the-streets (or restaurants this time) talk for good measure?

nova

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
nova wrote:
If the temperature is anything like it was today, there is a good chance I will be OCing.;)
same here :cool:

I got spoiled with CC since the past two years I've done it in a state that's a bit colder so I got used to just wearing a coat over it. Here, no so much, especially summertime.

nova

imported post

Good seeing everyone who came out today. :cool:

nova

imported post

well. They basically spent 1:15 hrs on about themselves and what they've done this year, regarding trans. and edu., not exactly covering the new laws going into effect. With about 10min left a gun supporter brought up during the Q&A the fact they were supposed to cover the new laws, and specifically asked about the gun laws. Marsden stated he supported the CC in restaurants bill because he didn't think it was good that some people were leaving their guns in their cars where they could be stolen (and I agree). He also explained how CC was currently illegal in restaurants and clubs that serve alcohol while OC was fine and didn't require a permit. He was asked why he didn't support the CHP renewal by mail, he couldn't give a reason other than "I think that's something that should be done in person" basically saying to make it harder and more of a hassle to do.

While Marsden basically took these questions, when both were asked what three things they'll do to support and defend the 2nd amendment, neither gave an actual answer other than the generic "I support the 2nd amendment" and I believe Filler-Corn used the "sportsmen" word:?. Marsden stated that he didn't feel the need for any more additions to our gun laws which could be interpreted as he won't support any gun control bills or he won't support any more pro-gun bills (or both).

Marsden was asked why he doesn't support college carry, no reasons were given, just the standard "I don't think its a good idea"

fairfax1

imported post

When Marsden was asked about supporting a bill that would ban commonwealth attorneys from drinking and carrying, he said the was no way that it would pass in Richmond. He didn't say if he would support that or not.

VApatriot

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
When Marsden was asked about supporting a bill that would ban commonwealth attorneys from drinking and carrying, he said the was no way that it would pass in Richmond. He didn't say if he would support that or not.
While he did not state whether or not he would support a repeal bill, he did clearly state that he was personally against the idea on letting CAs carry concealed and drink without any training required.