Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wausau Daily Herald - Wisconsin Governor candidate carries rifle in airport re support of gun rights

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTdK8oDfTQM

    http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/art...nce-under-fire

    SNIP

    Carrying his grandfather's rifle in an Austin Straubel International Airport conference room Thursday morning, former U.S. Rep. Mark Neumann of Nashotah took a swipe at Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker on what he characterized as flip-flopping on concealed carry rights. Neumann also held news conferences Thursday in Wausau at Wausau Downtown Airport, Eau Claire and La Crosse.

    As a state representative, Walker voted no on a bill to make it legal to carry a concealed weapon in Wisconsin, but he has said he would sign such a bill into law as governor. However, Walker said he voted against the bill not on its merits but because it was voted on in the middle of the night -- at 3:51 a.m. in 2002, according to the Wisconsin State Legislature's records.

    Neumann, who released a new Web ad attacking Walker on this legislative vote, reiterated what he called his firm commitment to the Second Amendment right to bear arms as it extends to carrying concealed weapons.

    "A significant difference is our support of the concealed carry bill -- mine has been unwavering," Neumann said

  2. #2
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post

    i hope it was encased, for proper transport, and ofcourse unloaded, did he check all airport reg's?- oh he had someone do that. love the support of CC........and? and? not a whisper of other concerns.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SOuth Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    503

    Post imported post

    Response to Mark's claim taken from Scott Walker's website:





    Fact Check on Concealed Carry: More Lies from Mark Neumann




    Date:Thursday, June 10, 2010
    Wauwatosa – Keith Gilkes, campaign manager for Scott Walker, today issued the following statement on more lies from Mark Neumann.

    “Mark Neumann’s desperate campaign has morphed into a traveling circus of lies and attacks,” said Gilkes. “Scott has time and again supported shall issue concealed carry legislation and has said explicitly he will sign it as governor. What he’s not for is jamming through legislation in the middle of the night that no one has seen and voting on it at 4:00am.”

    Below is a quote from 2002 when he was running for county executive about the vote:

    “On concealed carry, I supported in the past a reasonable, what I call personal protection bill and would again. My main gripe with that piece of legislation wasn’t the bill itself, but the fact that it was voted on at 4 o’clock in the morning without any drafting attorneys or other staff around without the public even knowing about it.” - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel April 21, 2002 “Making their cases for reform; As county executive Walker says, he would restore trust, restrain taxes.”

    Notes: 


    **In 2004, the Democrats ran an ad attacking Scott for his strong support for concealed carry.

    **Scott is an avid hunter and supporter of the Second Amendment.

    http://www.scottwalker.org/press-rel...s-mark-neumann

    SO.... he supports "shall issue" carry....... quite different than the WI Republican party platform..... I want a candidate who is willing to sign Vermont/ Alaska/ Arizona style carry!



    Ben



  4. #4
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925

    Post imported post

    BJA wrote:
    **
    ** SO.... he supports "shall issue" carry.......* quite different than the WI Republican party platform.....* I want a candidate who is willing to sign Vermont/ Alaska/ Arizona style carry!

    *

    ******** Ben

    *********
    Agreed!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

    http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    hardballer wrote:
    BJA wrote:
    SO.... he supports "shall issue" carry....... quite different than the WI Republican party platform..... I want a candidate who is willing to sign Vermont/ Alaska/ Arizona style carry!



    Ben

    Agreed!
    +1

  6. #6
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668

    Post imported post

    Unless Neumann had permission of a sheriff or chief of police, he was in violation of state law taking his firearm inside the government-owned (Brown County) Austin-Straubel airport. Firearms are not allowed in government buildings in Wisconsin without permission from either a chief of police or county sheriff. In airports, they are allowed only as checked luggage, i.e., unloaded and ENCASED.
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  7. #7
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668

    Post imported post

    McX wrote:
    i hope it was encased, for proper transport, and ofcourse unloaded, did he check all airport reg's?- oh he had someone do that. love the support of CC........and? and? not a whisper of other concerns.
    Youtube clip shows it was NOT encased, it was in his hands. So, did he have the proper permission, or did he violate the law?
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    So is it about the 2nd Amendment or is it about hunting?

    Hunting is great. I love it. But I don't wear blaze orange when I am out and about on the streets and I don't carry my hunting rifle either.

    What about Constitutional Carry Mark?
    What about our right to carry for personal protection?

    When will one of these candidates just have the balls to step up and answer the questions?


  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SOuth Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    503

    Post imported post

    I am seeking the answer to those questions too Gleason!



    True 2nd amendment support is more a state of mind, a consistent individual acknowledgment of the right not a policy regarding a specificright including creation of further government bureaucracies. Sadly it appears that these two candidates don't feel the same way about the 2nd amendment/ article 25 as we on this site and many others feel.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,098

    Post imported post

    BJA wrote:
    Response to Mark's claim taken from Scott Walker's website:





    Fact Check on Concealed Carry: More Lies from Mark Neumann




    Date:Thursday, June 10, 2010
    Wauwatosa – Keith Gilkes, campaign manager for Scott Walker, today issued the following statement on more lies from Mark Neumann.

    “Mark Neumann’s desperate campaign has morphed into a traveling circus of lies and attacks,” said Gilkes. “Scott has time and again supported shall issue concealed carry legislation and has said explicitly he will sign it as governor. What he’s not for is jamming through legislation in the middle of the night that no one has seen and voting on it at 4:00am.”

    Below is a quote from 2002 when he was running for county executive about the vote:

    “On concealed carry, I supported in the past a reasonable, what I call personal protection bill and would again. 1. My main gripe with that piece of legislation wasn’t the bill itself, but the fact that it was voted on at 4 o’clock in the morning 2. without any drafting attorneys or other staff around without the public even knowing about it.” - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel April 21, 2002 “Making their cases for reform; As county executive Walker says, he would restore trust, restrain taxes.”

    Notes: 


    **In 2004, the Democrats ran an ad attacking Scott for his strong support for concealed carry.

    **Scott is an avid hunter and supporter of the Second Amendment.

    http://www.scottwalker.org/press-rel...s-mark-neumann

    SO.... he supports "shall issue" carry....... quite different than the WI Republican party platform..... I want a candidate who is willing to sign Vermont/ Alaska/ Arizona style carry!



    Ben

    1. Are Civil Rights dependent on time of day? Can he cite support for this assumption?

    2. If Mr. Walker is not capable of reading and passing some judgement on bills without a cast of clowns, how is he possibly fit for his office?

    3. If a politician is not ready to take action at any time of day (much like the military, no public service position works on a strict schedule, nor should it) he is again unfit for office.



    Sorry folks, I'll head back to the Arizona forum and work on this beam in my own eye now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •