Thread: Gun Show in las vegas jun 12 -13 10

Post imported post

Please let me know ifwe are allowed toOC at the Gun show this weekend. Thanks

Post imported post

It is at cashamn. You may OC but it will be a empty gun with a ziptie through the action. CCW is a no go as it is a posted PUBLIC owned building.

Post imported post

I OC'ed there yesterday. Knowing I can't have any ammo on me inside the place, I unloaded in my truck. I get to the firearms check table. Hand them my XDm 40. He asked if I had my blue card, "no" was my answer. He asked if I had a ccw, I told them "I'm not concealing it." I says " I just need to check ownership" :X I don't know why he wanted the my CCW. it doesn't have the serial #'s.

I think next time I might have to take my S&W J frame. I ditched the dinky little grip on it. I replaced it with a Hogue grip that covers the serial #'s now. And leave my CCW in my truck.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

Did they still let you in fine though? I wonder how they "check ownership" with rifles?
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

Post imported post

flagellum wrote:
    *Did they still let you in fine though?* I wonder how they "check ownership" with rifles?
    Yeah they let me in. Once I complied and showed my CCW. I didn't put much resistance though.:X
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

28kfps

Post imported post

I went in with mine-loaded open carried. Went up to the check table, he pulled the magazine out handed it back and said I had to go to the car to clear it. I was on a motorcycle however; I did not tell him that. Just went outside found a corner to hide in to clear it and went back. They put the zip-tie through it and handed it back. Was not asked to show them anything. I am 56 and after reading so many postings I am beginning to wonder if the younger open carry persons are being profiled?

Post imported post

They asked me for my blue card.

Post imported post

BionicJumpy wrote:
    You just posted in another thread they didnt even check your gun.

Post imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
    BionicJumpy wrote:
    That's right. On saturday when I firstpostedmy questionI went over and they checked my gun and put a strap. On sunday afternoon nothing, I walk in without any question regarding my Big K (KIMBER 1911),

Post imported post

BionicJumpy wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    BionicJumpy wrote:
    That's right. On saturday when I firstpostedmy questionI went over and they checked my gun and put a strap. On sunday afternoon nothing, I walk in without any question regarding my Big K (KIMBER 1911),
    WOW no ziptie? They must have been lazy.

Post imported post

28kfps wrote:
    I went in with mine-loaded open carried. Went up to the check table, he pulled the magazine out handed it back and said I had to go to the car to clear it. I was on a motorcycle however; I did not tell him that. Just went outside found a corner to hide in to clear it and went back. They put the zip-tie through it and handed it back. Was not asked to show them anything. I am 56 and after reading so many postings I am beginning to wonder if the younger open carry persons are being profiled? *
    I'm not that young.

<---- Just a couple of months from turning 40
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

Oh yeah, The first time carrying in the gun show I cleared the chamber in my truck but left the full mag in it. When I pulled the mag out and he seen that it was full he asked me to put it in my truck. Which I did. But this last time I may or may not have had 2 mags on my week side.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!