• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show in las vegas jun 12 -13 10

BionicJumpy

imported post

Please let me know ifwe are allowed toOC at the Gun show this weekend. Thanks

Vegassteve

imported post

It is at cashamn. You may OC but it will be a empty gun with a ziptie through the action. CCW is a no go as it is a posted PUBLIC owned building.

Sabotage70

imported post

I OC'ed there yesterday. Knowing I can't have any ammo on me inside the place, I unloaded in my truck. I get to the firearms check table. Hand them my XDm 40. He asked if I had my blue card, "no" was my answer. He asked if I had a ccw, I told them "I'm not concealing it." I says " I just need to check ownership" :X I don't know why he wanted the my CCW. it doesn't have the serial #'s.

I think next time I might have to take my S&W J frame. I ditched the dinky little grip on it. I replaced it with a Hogue grip that covers the serial #'s now. And leave my CCW in my truck.

28kfps

imported post

I went in with mine-loaded open carried. Went up to the check table, he pulled the magazine out handed it back and said I had to go to the car to clear it. I was on a motorcycle however; I did not tell him that. Just went outside found a corner to hide in to clear it and went back. They put the zip-tie through it and handed it back. Was not asked to show them anything. I am 56 and after reading so many postings I am beginning to wonder if the younger open carry persons are being profiled?

BionicJumpy

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
BionicJumpy wrote:
They asked me for my blue card. :cuss:
You just posted in another thread they didnt even check your gun.
That's right. On saturday when I firstpostedmy questionI went over and they checked my gun and put a strap. On sunday afternoon nothing, I walk in without any question regarding my Big K (KIMBER 1911),:lol:

Vegassteve

imported post

BionicJumpy wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
BionicJumpy wrote:
They asked me for my blue card. :cuss:
You just posted in another thread they didnt even check your gun.
That's right. On saturday when I firstpostedmy questionI went over and they checked my gun and put a strap. On sunday afternoon nothing, I walk in without any question regarding my Big K (KIMBER 1911),:lol:
WOW no ziptie? They must have been lazy.

Sabotage70

imported post

28kfps wrote:
I went in with mine-loaded open carried. Went up to the check table, he pulled the magazine out handed it back and said I had to go to the car to clear it. I was on a motorcycle however; I did not tell him that. Just went outside found a corner to hide in to clear it and went back. They put the zip-tie through it and handed it back. Was not asked to show them anything. I am 56 and after reading so many postings I am beginning to wonder if the younger open carry persons are being profiled?  
I'm not that young.

<---- Just a couple of months from turning 40:(

Sabotage70

imported post

Oh yeah, The first time carrying in the gun show I cleared the chamber in my truck but left the full mag in it. When I pulled the mag out and he seen that it was full he asked me to put it in my truck. Which I did. But this last time I may or may not have had 2 mags on my week side.;)