• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

moving to NC, info on area and laws needed

AZhighcountry

imported post

Glad I found this forum, been looking for some info and this place seems great. I may have to move to NC with a job and I have been concerned about the firearm laws there and how strong the gun rights atmosphere is. I have looked over the NC Statutes and you seem to have some regressive laws there(no insults intended), but I'll stick to the firearms part here.Being inAZ, firearms are just a part of the way of life here. I and others open carry routinely and nobody thinks anything of it. We even just passed a law allowing concealed carry without needing a govenment permission slip, along with others you may have heard about. Anyway, I was concerned about a clause in the statutes there, "Going armed to the terror of the public" or similar wording, and I see that has been discussed here. My concerns may be unfounded as I don't know how the laws are interpreted and applied there so maybe someone can help me out. Apparantly you are able to legally open carry in NC, correct? It seems from reading here that some of you do open carry, but you get mixed reactions from others out in public. Is that "Going Armed" law something to be concerned about? Is it just something left on the books from back when, or do people often get charged with it? Are you able to own SBR's in NC? I saw mention of machineguns in the statutes but didn't see SBR's addressed. On a side note, how is the Burlington area as far a place to live? I have some other questions but to keep things brief I'll hold off for now. I really appreciate any info you can share.

mekender

imported post

das right, we dun no much bout dis newfangled interwebs or nuttin... best not bring your sister here, we will make good use of her ifin shes breedin age

elixin77

imported post

GATTTOTP is a common law ruling passed down by the state supreme court, which basically says that if you are
-on a state highway
-brandishing and
-threatening to kill someone,

then you are guilty of terrorizing the general populace. Other then that, you'll get asked if your a cop, if you have a license, etc. Read a few of the posts here; that'll be the best way to ed'macate yourself to the laws here.

Anthony_I_Am

imported post

AZhighcountry wrote:
Wow, over 100 views of my post and only 1 so-so reply. I guess NC is as backwards a place as everyone here told me.

Yeah you're right. You'd probably be better off staying in Mexi-zona with that attitude.

The first backwards N Carolinian you run into with a smart mouth like that might get you a good old fashioned down south ass whupping. Then you really would have something to share with all your pals back home.

Funny thing, to be such a "backwards place"people come from all over the globe to get treatedin the "City of Medicine". (That's Durham, NC to you forwards people).