• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some insight

bwboley

Activist Member
imported post

So i was up at a rock pit [above camas] with fewfriends we havent seen in along time just having fun, dont drink so i alwas carrying concealed as was another buddy of mine. Well when we were having good time and had a fire going some people pull up get out started hanging out they were already drunk one of the guys started trying to get one of my friends to fight but rubing his shoulders and saying hit me as my friends say to leave him alone, So i asked him to move along with ever one elase with us next thing we know 2 of his friends pulled out the guns and put them to there side and another went and grabed what i think was rifle or shot gun realy couldnt tell he was in the back.

so i just loaded up my friends and we left but what would you have done?

nofoa

imported post

Did they touch the firearms after getting them out? They made you feel uncomfortable, but they don't know you have a gun.

I wasn't there so i can't say for sure. But for me.

Drunks + Guns = Go home.

bwboley

Activist Member
imported post

ya they chamberd a round and held it to there side andno they didnt knowi had mine hid but yea we went home but the start of the fire it was every one we knew some came down from seattle and stuff

bwboley

Activist Member
imported post

BigDave wrote:
snif...... snif......hmmm..... I..... smell.....something.....fishy......
smell all you want happen last night probley wont help but i did take pics of the fire but o well beleave or not it happend

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

bwboley wrote:
BigDave wrote:
smell all you want happen last night probley wont help but i did take pics of the fire but o well beleave or not it happend
bwboley wrote:
they were already drunk one of the guys started trying to get one of my friends to fight but rubing his shoulders and saying hit me as my friends say to leave him alone
This drunk was rubbing your friends shoulders, trying to get him to fight?
He was in physical contact with him?
Can you clean up your sentence so it can be understood? And well it is pretty vague since you were an eye witness to the incident.

In your observation of what occurred did you feel they did so in a threaten manner and if so did you call the police once you were safe?

If you were not threatened by someone holding their weapons at their side then why the implying there might have been a threat?

Do you really call your buddies, bubby's ? Is that British?

Can you see why someone would question the story?

bwboley

Activist Member
imported post

Sorry i guess was trying to use my cell to post new to the whole touch screen

But here goes again

Afew of my friends were in down having a fire just hanging out because we havnt seen either for awhile, when this gouup of drunk people showed up one guy started to like rub my friends shoulders to piss him off so they would fight.

We told him to leave didnt want there bull shit 2 guys that was behind the main guy pulled out hand guns chamberd a round and put the guns to there side. Now this is when we all decied this was gunna turn out bad and left.

I just want some insight on what you guys would have done?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Did you call 911 as soon as you could have and if so what department along with time and date.

Any threat as this needs no has to be reported in hopes to prevent a similar encounter will not occur again and if not I wonder why?

It is a position of those who carry is for self preservation and any outcome where you can return home alive and well is a good response.
Not all will choose to instantly fight back even though one would have every legal right to do so.

One thing I would make sure of and that is "CALL 911 AS SOON AS YOU CAN DO SO SAFELY"

devildoc5

imported post

BigDave wrote:
I am not here to judge so regardless of whether the encounter occured or not is actually a moot point.

Remember that the most successful encounter is the one where nothing happens.

The easiest way to handle a situation is to deescalate it. Always without fail.

Deescalating situations leads to EVERYONE going home alive and in one piece (although some go to jail sometimes this is behind the scope of this response).

so the guys pulled out guns and chambered a round and held them apparently unholstered, from what i am gathering, along their sides. I guarantee that you will get a few of people that would (assuming you were believed that this incident occured) jump on the bandwagon and say "yeah blow that mutha!@$#!@$ away! He deserves it!

However the more mature, or longer lived, or more versed, or whatever you want to call it will agree that the best thing to do is use the most minimal escalation of force possible to achieve a desireable outcome from the situation.

What that means is use the least amount of violence possible to make sure you are safe. I believe my mommy once said it best "WALK AWAY!"

A weapon (gun knife or what have you not) is to be used as a LAST resort, not the first resort that some Rambo teenage commandos try and teach on here.

Just because someone else is trying to be the bada$$ does not mean you have to be a bigger one.

Ok ok ok sorry for the rambling I guess I will stop for now...

bwboley

Activist Member
imported post

Yea i left got down the road and reported it and there were sending some officers up but never got a call back they ask to describe them i said 1 was 5'8 bald in red shirt other was wearing all blue 5'10with goatee and there were in a white jeep cherokee. i gave them my info and said they would be intouch

But i was just wondering what you guys would do. seen was gunna probley turn bad so we left

onlurker

imported post

I would have used periods and proper sentence structure. Not saying I'm any better but your posts are difficult to figure out what's going on.

Drunk strangers acting a fool though, you bet I'd be packing up and getting out of there.

bwboley

Activist Member
imported post

Il be right there to say im not good at making sentences and paragraphs, ButI been trying to get better! Just the one thing I wasn't good at in school. lol

Thats whyI said were gunna leave I seen it ending badly if we didnt.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I think the way it turned out was the best way.

Welcome to the forum. I have seen similar things happen. Especially when I was younger, some people just like starting trouble and looking for trouble. The fact you guys were able to just leave is very good.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

bwboley wrote:
Yea i left got down the road and reported it and there were sending some officers up but never got a call back they ask to describe them i said 1 was 5'8 bald in red shirt other was wearing all blue 5'10with goatee and there were in a white jeep cherokee. i gave them my info and said they would be intouch

But i was just wondering what you guys would do. seen was gunna probley turn bad so we left
So you only reported the taunting of your buddy? You gave a description of him but not the ones you stated brought out and chambered a round that appeared was to intimidate, by far more serious then the rubbing of shoulders and words.

If law enforcement did not call you back to ID them (show up in person), then likely nothing was done.