• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at Vlasis Park in Ballwin

Drytchnath

imported post

I was just wondering if anyone here had open carried in Vlasis Park. There is a no weapons bullet on the "Park Rules" sign at the entrances but it is not the Missouri recognized sign and was just wondering about the legality of such a sign. Not that I'm going to find out personally, I'm on leave and the Ballwin PD building is right outside the park, I don't need that trouble right now. I am curious though.

Superlite27

imported post

If there's a no weapons sign posted, I can only suggest that responsible OC'ers obey the rules.

After all, we are responsible citizens, aren't we?

Drytchnath

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
If there's a no weapons sign posted, I can only suggest that responsible OC'ers obey the rules.

After all, we are responsible citizens, aren't we?
I agree, it's just I hate to see more ghetto signs go up and people expect them to turn away people. I won't even carry into a business that has a crayon picture of a gun with a red X over it but I don't have to like seeing signs other than the legal one used. I look for the 8.5 x 11 instead of looking at every sign posted on a door or wall before I walk into a building, and I definitely wasn't looking at all the signs around the park. If my wife hadn't pointed it out to me I would have walked right in.