• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Extremely boring OC report

SoLasVegas

imported post

OC'd today in Centennial Hills area (NW Las Vegas). Started off at Del Taco, then Sam's Club, Walmart, Home Depot, and Fabulous Freddy's.

I have absolutely nothing to report. I think maybe a total of three people even noticed, and they either didn't care or didn't want to show a reaction. Thankfully, this has been the case with every time I have open carried previously as well.

I was carrying a Springfield Loaded Champion stainless steel 1911 in a Blackhawk Serpa.

Nevada carrier

imported post

People assume that you have a job that requires you to be armed. As far as I'm concerned it's only a very few people with an irrational fear of firearms that you will see a reaction from.

Most people could care less unless it comes out of the holster.

Nevada carrier

imported post

we live in a state where OC has become more "Meh, another guy carrying a gun," In CA, it's still "OMG A GUY HAS A GUN, EVERYONE PANIC, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"

Iopencarry

imported post

not so.

sorry to disapoint you, but CA is not that bad. I oc every day, as do many of the people I know. I have never had anyone panic or call 911 with a MWG call.

Even when we have big meet ups, we have called afterwards and there has been no calls.

While some in CA might have a probelm, most do not. At least in the Delta

Gundude

imported post

ericfrompahrump wrote:
where is the delta
The California Delta is located roughly between Sacramento on the north and Stockton on the south and encompasses about 1,000 miles of waterways.

Nevada carrier

imported post

The greater Delta region is relatively rural if I remember correctly. I grew up in Sacramento, so I've been there many times. I used to ride the American River Bike Trail from Old Sac all the way up to the lake. Beautiful ride IMHO.