• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Campaign Membership

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Apparently the Brady Campaign sells it's membership list.

(This is, despite telling it's members:

"The Brady Campaign and the Brady Center use your email address to send you news and alerts that you have requested. When subscribing to this and future email lists, the Brady Campaign or Brady Center will collect and store the personal information that you provide. However, the Brady Campaign and the Brady Center will not sell your name or e-mail address to spammers or share it with unaffiliated groups.")

No, they don't "share" it with unaffiliated groups, they want to sell it.

Furthermore, despite a claim of "about 500,000 members" in 2004, the list apparently shows a members/donors tally of 50,000-- of which only slightly more than half (28,417) had donated in the past 12 months. Their average donation is $40.

Well, we've known that lying has been easy for them all along. They've lied to everyone else, so why not lie to their members as well?

Looks like their membership numbers and donations are taking a nosedive. So we can expect even greater histrionics and desperation from this group as a result.

http://lists.nextmark.com/market;jsessionid=C35D33DCD87E100C19667DD6D0822273?page=order/online/datacard&id=163065

More information:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2581-St-L...Donated-to-the-Brady-Campaign--Youve-got-SPAM

M

McX

imported post

the brady bunch is losing steam. must be a shift in american views, and attitutdes/beleifs. they should have known they were doomed when even the starbuckians embraced us.:p

Gordo

imported post

This is the group that made the claim that fewer AR-15's were being made thanks to them, when in reality there are more companies than ever making them for the US civilian market. Hmmm I wonder if the view is good from up their a**es.

bigdaddy1

imported post

The Brady campaign was a knee jerk reaction to a tragic situation. We know that blaming the gun is like blaming the bottle for holding the liquor. I think people are beginning to see through all their lies and are not willing to donate their hard earned cash for falsified numbers and skewed logic.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Gordo wrote:
Flushing it down the toilet is better than spending it on the brady goons.
I'm not so sure about that, the toilet might be a direct pipeline to the Brady Campaign and other turds.

Gordo

imported post

LOL! I guess I didn't think about that, who knows where they find these turds. You are right though things like ammo are far more economical. Today I took my stand by putting another $40 down on my wife's gun at the local gun store.

OCglock1988

imported post

every time we buy a few boxes of ammo we should call the bradys and let them know we just made a 40$ contribution to our ammo stash haha. Realistically, what are those donations actually being spent on?