Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ban the US flag poll

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/

It is at 50%NO, at this time.

1,522,505 votes at this time.
    What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? .........A Little Recoil

Post imported post

You have got to be friggin kidding me. That it's even a question is beyond disturbing. That only 50% vote no? I am ashamed.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Well, to be fair, "the safety of the students comes first" is probably what attracted alot of parents
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

This is horse Poop!!! I have a 3x5 flag hanging in my Auto Shop... I am thinking a bank flag would maybe look better!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Ooh, ooh, I know! If we tell people that the flag will make their children unsafe they will agree to ban it!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

This is obscene.
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
    —John F. Kennedy

"If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example."
    —Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post imported post

Someone should be jailed for even suggesting a ban on the flag.

Post imported post

Banning the American Flag is the first-and-foremost way to make your children unsafe.

Keep the children safe by shielding them from the one item that represents all the values, honor, pride, and heritage that is our America?

Whoever suggested this should be burned at the stake...

Post imported post

This makes me want to go out & buy a second flag for my house!!

Who would have thought a question like this would ever be a topic

Post imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
    Banning the American Flag is the first-and-foremost way to make your children unsafe.

Keep the children safe by shielding them from the one item that represents all the values, honor, pride, and heritage that is our America?

the word treason first came to my mind....
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Banned

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    Evil Creamsicle wrote:

+1

first the constitution, now this?

Post imported post

No. 50% (763,354 votes)
    Yes. 39% (590,959 votes)
    Not sure. <1% (3,289 votes)
    Other. 11% (168,533 votes)

wait, that adds up to 101% :what:

Post imported post

Michigun wrote:
    No. 50% (763,354 votes)
    Yes. 39% (590,959 votes)

well i know roughly 600,000 people whom should be tried for treason...
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    Michigun wrote:
    No. 50% (763,354 votes)
    Yes. 39% (590,959 votes)

yup.
    and tried by this guy:

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    Michigun wrote:
    No. 50% (763,354 votes)
    Yes. 39% (590,959 votes)

yup.
    and tried by this guy:
    ROFL.....WIN
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

Thank you for voting!

Should the American Flag be Banned -In America
    No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it. 52% (814,309 votes)

Yes. The safety of students comes first. 37% (591,132 votes)

Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.' <1% (3,376 votes)

Other (post a comment) 11% (169,056 votes)

Total Votes: 1,577,873

This is what that dumb a$$ poll said when I looked at it. I can't believe that THIS is how anyone thinks that they could make anyone or anything safe. Did I miss an article or something that explains this mess? or did FOX news really just **** the bed? I still bleed RED WHITE AND BLUE and I am now deeply offended that this sacred cloth that so many of my family fought and died under, that this symbol that has adorned so many thousands of caskets of the men and women who bought our freedom with their own blood and paid the ULTIMATE PRICE. Fox news made sure to put on hours of coverage when the war brought ratings but now, they will desecrate this sacred symbol for an opinion poll.
    Like they really had to post that "This is not a scientific poll" -Oh, really? thanks for clearing that up Fox! But you left a few more things out like the fact that the standard deviation for this info was 591,132 morons
    or that the margin of error was 763,564 or EVERYONE WHO DIDN'T STAND BEHIND THEIR COUNTRY.
    DAMN! This, my friends, is clear evidence that we left the gates open way to long without checking the riff-raff. Now we have a number of people here who hate the country and won't leave.
    And people wonder why I won't go anywhere without a gun. Sorry, but that someone can put up a poll like that and three quarters of a million people don't know the right answer right off the top of their head is really, really upsetting
    Peace be with you and always be with your piece!

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

high treason!

It's all of those dang weed shops that they keep opening up. I just didn't think that they read the news. Thought that they would be busy playing video games.

By the way, we don't need that IronMan fella, I'd be happy to play judgejuryexecutioner.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.-T.J.

Looks like we have our tyrants!

Banned

Post imported post

Its not the weed shops. Most of those potheads know the 4th amendment better than the average joe, and half of us. Those potheads also know what its like to be singled out, and harrassed by a government that forgot where its boundaries and limits are. there is a lot in common in that respect between us and those potheads.

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    Its not the weed shops. Most of those potheads know the 4th amendment better than the average joe, and half of us. Those potheads also know what its like to be singled out, and harrassed by a government that forgot where its boundaries and limits are. there is a lot in common in that respect between us and those potheads.
    Oh shoot,

I was making a joke about High treason.

Post imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    Edited at request
    --reference to 'Iron Man'
    PS, thats Judge Dredd who is, in fact, all three.

Banned

Post imported post

Judge Dredd is a pothead?

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    judge jury executioner
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Banned

Post imported post

:P

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    maybe that too

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    You have got to be friggin kidding me. That it's even a question is beyond disturbing. That only 50% vote no? I am ashamed.
    Not to insult those who have a deep respect for the flag, but there was a tongue-in-cheek "recall" of the US flag recently.

A ficticious flag company was recalling all 3 million flags saying they were dangerous.

The recall cited problems going way back. Invasions of sovereign territories, hundreds of thousands of civilian dead, etc.

Personally, I no longer have a lot of emotion or "respect" invested intothe Flag. To me it is just a symbol; I invest my respect into the good things itrepresents, not the symbol itself. Thus, I found the "recall" somewhat humorous, though I can understand why others might not.

The "recall" seemed to be a criticism of all the abuses and foreignadventurism done in the name of theflag orwrapped in thepatriotism of the flag.

With all that said, I wouldn't worry too much about that poll. A surprising number of people seem to think the flag represents the US government. Without also polling to find out whatmeanings people invest into the symbol, it is kinda hard to tell for what reason they areopposed.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Post imported post

Reminds me of the flag burning issue. I suppose that people should be able to burn one in protest, although personally I find it distasteful, but the obvious response is to pass a law requiring all American flags to be made out of a fireproof material.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast