Thread: OC in a resturant illegal???

Post imported post

It was my understanding that you may OC in a restaurant as long as there are no "no miners" / "no persons under 21" signs posted by the WA State liquor board.

I live in a small town in the Columbia River Gorge. My favorite restaurant was told by"the local"LEO that they may not allow individuals to carry a firearm on there property because they serve beer.....

Can someone please send me the RCW on this. I have already talked to the owner and OC & CC is ok on there side. She just said that she is afraid of breaking the law by not following what the local LEO told her...

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

David

..... The restaurant in question serves right to the table, doesn't even have a bar... This is a little ma N' pa type place... Also There areno signsposted

Any RCW's would be great. Thanks

Post imported post

Carry is prohibited in that portion of the establishment that is off limits to those under 21 per the Liquor Control Board.

So: you can carry in a restaurant, but not the bar itself. The bar does not "contaminate" the remainder of the restaurant.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300 subsection (1)(d)

Post imported post

What the Police Officer told them is bunk!

M1Gunr has compiled a list of Questions and Answers that will help you greatly http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/40333.html

9.41.270 Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm -- Unlawful carrying or handling -- Penalty -- Exceptions.
    9.41.280 Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities -- Penalty -- Exceptions.
    9.41.290 State preemption.
    9.41.300 Weapons prohibited in certain places -- Local laws and ordinances -- Exceptions -- Penalty.

As to a restaurant if it has a bar, the bar is the only portion of the business that is off limits and the State Liquor Control Board Establish this not the business nor the Local Police.

As you can see Restaurants as Applebee's that have a bar in the middle of the restaurant with those under 21 outside this area but in the business.

When it comes to this topic (Restaurant that serve alcohol) if a person under the age of 21 is allowed then you are also with your weapon.

RCW 9.41.300(1)(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age

And What Hardin said also, he posted as I was writing
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Post imported post

I will also add that if you see the Liquor Control signs improperly placed at a restaurant (say near the front door instead of the bar area) you can contact the LC board and they will make them fix it.

to find you local LCB regional manager
    http://liq.wa.gov/services/storesearch.asp

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    I will also add that if you see the Liquor Control signs improperly placed at a restaurant (say near the front door instead of the bar area) you can contact the LC board and they will make them fix it.

to find you local LCB regional manager
    http://liq.wa.gov/services/storesearch.asp
    Correct I have done this with a little restaurant on I-90 in Easton, WA
    It took a couple of calls to get the Park Side Cafe to comply but when the LCB Officer threatened a fine they agreed.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

Post imported post

No restaurant or bar may exclude miners unless they've been previously trespassed. The union would have a fit.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    No restaurant or bar may exclude miners unless they've been previously trespassed. The union would have a fit.
    Unless the miners are <21 years old....

Minor miners? Right, they have to stay out of the bar. Midget miners are ok, although midget minor minors are excluded.

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    No restaurant or bar may exclude miners unless they've been previously trespassed.* The union would have a fit.

Minor miners?* Right, they have to stay out of the bar.* Midget miners are ok, although midget minor minors are excluded.
    Ahem. That is little people miners. :P
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

It's posts like the last few that make me glad my spell checker works automatically.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

Probably needs a training memo sent to the local PD. I am almost 100% certain that the Sheriff's office is up to speed with the OC legalities.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:

Minor miners? Right, they have to stay out of the bar. Midget miners are ok, although midget minor minors are excluded.
    Ahem. That is little people miners. :P
    Midgets and/or little people are mined? I thought they came from storks like everyone else

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Sounds like your small town needs an OC meet and greet at a restaurant.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I wonder how this topic has turned in how if someone of small stature would view this group of adults.

Would you play this game with others who have autism, cerebral palsy or disabilities?

Some have hit an all time low.

Post imported post

BigDave wrote:
    I wonder how this topic has turned in how if someone of small stature would view this group of adults.

Would you play this game with others who have autism, cerebral palsy or disabilities?

Yes.

Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    Then they would be minor miners

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    BigDave wrote:
    What do you think this is?!! thehighroad?
    Good one I wish I had a come back for that one.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    Then they would be minor miners
    Well one could say it will just be a minor issue !