• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in a resturant illegal???

krysis86

imported post

It was my understanding that you may OC in a restaurant as long as there are no "no miners" / "no persons under 21" signs posted by the WA State liquor board.

I live in a small town in the Columbia River Gorge. My favorite restaurant was told by"the local"LEO that they may not allow individuals to carry a firearm on there property because they serve beer.....

Can someone please send me the RCW on this. I have already talked to the owner and OC & CC is ok on there side. She just said that she is afraid of breaking the law by not following what the local LEO told her...

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

David

..... The restaurant in question serves right to the table, doesn't even have a bar... This is a little ma N' pa type place... Also There areno signsposted

Any RCW's would be great. Thanks

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

What the Police Officer told them is bunk!

M1Gunr has compiled a list of Questions and Answers that will help you greatly http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/40333.html

9.41.270 Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm -- Unlawful carrying or handling -- Penalty -- Exceptions.
9.41.280 Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities -- Penalty -- Exceptions.
9.41.290 State preemption.
9.41.300 Weapons prohibited in certain places -- Local laws and ordinances -- Exceptions -- Penalty.

As to a restaurant if it has a bar, the bar is the only portion of the business that is off limits and the State Liquor Control Board Establish this not the business nor the Local Police.

As you can see Restaurants as Applebee's that have a bar in the middle of the restaurant with those under 21 outside this area but in the business.

When it comes to this topic (Restaurant that serve alcohol) if a person under the age of 21 is allowed then you are also with your weapon.

RCW 9.41.300(1)(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age

And What Hardin said also, he posted as I was writing :cool:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I will also add that if you see the Liquor Control signs improperly placed at a restaurant (say near the front door instead of the bar area) you can contact the LC board and they will make them fix it.

to find you local LCB regional manager
http://liq.wa.gov/services/storesearch.asp
Correct I have done this with a little restaurant on I-90 in Easton, WA
It took a couple of calls to get the Park Side Cafe to comply but when the LCB Officer threatened a fine they agreed.

Mainsail

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
No restaurant or bar may exclude miners unless they've been previously trespassed. The union would have a fit.
Unless the miners are <21 years old....
:lol:

Minor miners? Right, they have to stay out of the bar. Midget miners are ok, although midget minor minors are excluded.

joeroket

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
No restaurant or bar may exclude miners unless they've been previously trespassed.  The union would have a fit.

Minor miners?  Right, they have to stay out of the bar.  Midget miners are ok, although midget minor minors are excluded.

Ahem. That is little people miners. :p

jeeper1

imported post

It's posts like the last few that make me glad my spell checker works automatically.

Stretch

imported post

Probably needs a training memo sent to the local PD. I am almost 100% certain that the Sheriff's office is up to speed with the OC legalities.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

joeroket wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
No restaurant or bar may exclude miners unless they've been previously trespassed. The union would have a fit.

Minor miners? Right, they have to stay out of the bar. Midget miners are ok, although midget minor minors are excluded.

Ahem. That is little people miners. :p
Midgets and/or little people are mined? I thought they came from storks like everyone else:question::question::question:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I wonder how this topic has turned in how if someone of small stature would view this group of adults.

Would you play this game with others who have autism, cerebral palsy or disabilities?

Some have hit an all time low.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

BigDave wrote:
I wonder how this topic has turned in how if someone of small stature would view this group of adults.

Would you play this game with others who have autism, cerebral palsy or disabilities?

Some have hit an all time low.
Yes.

mj27.gif