Thread: Washington post at it again

Post imported post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...061103259.html

At least a lot of Pro gun people are posting. Makes you wonder how much they hurt their own cause by posting this and helping make people aware of gun rights?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

When Ozzy Osbourne is your source to quote in defense of your position, you are really have a credibility issue.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

For the past 3 years or so, I have been doing something to the Washington Compost that, in my own small way, hurts them in the pocket. From time to time, I receive mailings from them offering me "special" subscription rates for Sunday, weekly, or Sunday and weekly together. What I do is tear off the portion of the offer that has the check off boxes for the service, then send it back to them not signed and with no name. Since they supply a return envelop with guaranteed postage, they have to pay for this non-response.

I would love to see all of the folks who live within their subscription area to do the same thing. Not only does it send a message, but it also comes with a cost to them.

BTW, the Compost is a quaint little paper that few take seriously in this area. We tend to know their slant and stay away from that sort of poison.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Its a probe.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    When Ozzy Osbourne is your source to quote in defense of your position, you are really have a credibility issue.

Yata hey
    Oh Grapeshot, you old fool. Your statement would have been true if it had only been conditionalized with the caveat that the abuse of drugs were not considered in the equation... :^)

BTW, I am a graduate of the Al Haig school of english. So give me no grief otherwise our top honors Summa Cum Laude graduate, Jesse Jackson, will call you down.... :^).

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Oh Grapeshot, you old fool. Your statement would have been true if it had only been conditionalized with the caveat that the abuse of drugs were not considered in the equation... :^)

BTW, I am a graduate of the Al Haig school of english. So give me no grief otherwise our top honors Summa Cum Laude graduate, Jesse Jackson, will call you down.... :^).
    Believe that Ozzy Osbourne and Jesse Jackson received the same honorarium - Magna Cum Rectimus.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Believe that Ozzy Osbourne and Jesse Jackson received the same honorarium - Magna Cum Rectimus.

Yata hey
    Oh, Cum now, no need to make fun of them :^). The leaders of our society......

Post imported post

I tried putting the Washington Post down on the floor when I was potty training my puppy.

He wouldn't 'go' on it.......... I guess he thought that would be redundant.

Smart dog.
    Assault Weapon (N) Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians..

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    For the past 3 years or so, I have been doing something to the Washington Compost that, in my own small way, hurts them in the pocket. From time to time, I receive mailings from them offering me "special" subscription rates for Sunday, weekly, or Sunday and weekly together. What I do is tear off the portion of the offer that has the check off boxes for the service, then send it back to them not signed and with no name. Since they supply a return envelop with guaranteed postage, they have to pay for this non-response.
    At one time, I was in corporate security with a large credit card issuer/company. They would send out credit card offers with postage paid return envelopes. People would send back big boxes of bricks, rocks, dirt and garbagewith the postage paid envelope attached.

always gave me a chuckle inside.....:celebrate
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

I would love to see all of the folks who live within their subscription area to do the same thing. Not only does it send a message, but it also comes with a cost to them.

BTW, the Compost is a quaint little paper that few take seriously in this area. We tend to know their slant and stay away from that sort of poison.
    I do this with all my junk mail....sometimes I add my own, hoping to go over the postage rate...lol
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    At one time, I was in corporate security with a large credit card issuer/company. They would send out credit card offers with postage paid return envelopes. People would send back big boxes of bricks, rocks, dirt and garbagewith the postage paid envelope attached.

+1 I was going to suggest sheet metal or other heavy-but-thin items to increase the weight without requiring special packaging. But bricks are good, too.

Now if only I could figure out a way to mail a couple hundred pounds of horse manure......
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Post imported post

Eeyore wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:

+1 I was going to suggest sheet metal or other heavy-but-thin items to increase the weight without requiring special packaging. But bricks are good, too.

Now if only I could figure out a way to mail a couple hundred pounds of horse manure......
    Bio-hazards are a definite no-no.

Yata hey