• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington post at it again

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

When Ozzy Osbourne is your source to quote in defense of your position, you are really have a credibility issue.

Yata hey

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

For the past 3 years or so, I have been doing something to the Washington Compost that, in my own small way, hurts them in the pocket. From time to time, I receive mailings from them offering me "special" subscription rates for Sunday, weekly, or Sunday and weekly together. What I do is tear off the portion of the offer that has the check off boxes for the service, then send it back to them not signed and with no name. Since they supply a return envelop with guaranteed postage, they have to pay for this non-response.

I would love to see all of the folks who live within their subscription area to do the same thing. Not only does it send a message, but it also comes with a cost to them.

BTW, the Compost is a quaint little paper that few take seriously in this area. We tend to know their slant and stay away from that sort of poison.

Neplusultra

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
When Ozzy Osbourne is your source to quote in defense of your position, you are really have a credibility issue.

Yata hey

Oh Grapeshot, you old fool. Your statement would have been true if it had only been conditionalized with the caveat that the abuse of drugs were not considered in the equation... :^)

BTW, I am a graduate of the Al Haig school of english. So give me no grief otherwise our top honors Summa Cum Laude graduate, Jesse Jackson, will call you down.... :^).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Oh Grapeshot, you old fool. Your statement would have been true if it had only been conditionalized with the caveat that the abuse of drugs were not considered in the equation... :^)

BTW, I am a graduate of the Al Haig school of english. So give me no grief otherwise our top honors Summa Cum Laude graduate, Jesse Jackson, will call you down.... :^).
Believe that Ozzy Osbourne and Jesse Jackson received the same honorarium - Magna Cum Rectimus.

Yata hey

Neplusultra

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Believe that Ozzy Osbourne and Jesse Jackson received the same honorarium - Magna Cum Rectimus.

Yata hey
Oh, Cum now, no need to make fun of them :^). The leaders of our society......

Shovelhead

imported post

I tried putting the Washington Post down on the floor when I was potty training my puppy.

He wouldn't 'go' on it.......... I guess he thought that would be redundant.

Smart dog.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
For the past 3 years or so, I have been doing something to the Washington Compost that, in my own small way, hurts them in the pocket. From time to time, I receive mailings from them offering me "special" subscription rates for Sunday, weekly, or Sunday and weekly together. What I do is tear off the portion of the offer that has the check off boxes for the service, then send it back to them not signed and with no name. Since they supply a return envelop with guaranteed postage, they have to pay for this non-response.

At one time, I was in corporate security with a large credit card issuer/company. They would send out credit card offers with postage paid return envelopes. People would send back big boxes of bricks, rocks, dirt and garbagewith the postage paid envelope attached.

always gave me a chuckle inside.....:celebrate

zekester

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

I would love to see all of the folks who live within their subscription area to do the same thing. Not only does it send a message, but it also comes with a cost to them.

BTW, the Compost is a quaint little paper that few take seriously in this area. We tend to know their slant and stay away from that sort of poison.
I do this with all my junk mail....sometimes I add my own, hoping to go over the postage rate...lol

Eeyore

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
At one time, I was in corporate security with a large credit card issuer/company. They would send out credit card offers with postage paid return envelopes. People would send back big boxes of bricks, rocks, dirt and garbagewith the postage paid envelope attached.

+1 I was going to suggest sheet metal or other heavy-but-thin items to increase the weight without requiring special packaging. But bricks are good, too.

Now if only I could figure out a way to mail a couple hundred pounds of horse manure...... :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Eeyore wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

+1 I was going to suggest sheet metal or other heavy-but-thin items to increase the weight without requiring special packaging. But bricks are good, too.

Now if only I could figure out a way to mail a couple hundred pounds of horse manure...... :lol:
Bio-hazards are a definite no-no.

Yata hey