• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canyon Creek Townhomes

Crypto

imported post

I had a 1pm appointment today at Canyon Creek Townhomes. Downtown Puyallup by Good Samaritan Hospital next to the Country Gables Apartments. I was looking for a new place to live with my wife and 4 year old son.

Got out of the truck and walked up to the managers house with the family. Knock on the door and the wife and husband greeted us and we walk to the duplex that was for rent. We all go inside we look around the bottom floor and then the husband asks what i do for a living. I said i was a construction worker.

My wife walks out back to see the yard and the wife traps her in the door so she can't get back in. I was like huh. Then the guy asks me to leave the gun in the car. I was like, well I could leave it in the car. I asked How do you feel about open carry. He said he was all for it but then I was thinking ya right. He then said, I don't know you and you don't know me. At this point I was thinking is this guy serious. He was very agitated I thought he was going to reach for my weapon. I quickly told my wife we are leaving and the wife finally let her back in the house and we left.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Crypto wrote:
I had a 1pm appointment today at Canyon Creek Townhomes. Downtown Puyallup by Good Samaritan Hospital next to the Country Gables Apartments. I was looking for a new place to live with my wife and 4 year old son.

Got out of the truck and walked up to the managers house with the family. Knock on the door and the wife and husband greeted us and we walk to the duplex that was for rent. We all go inside we look around the bottom floor and then the husband asks what i do for a living. I said i was a construction worker.

My wife walks out back to see the yard and the wife traps her in the door so she can't get back in. I was like huh. Then the guy asks me to leave the gun in the car. I was like, well I could leave it in the car. I asked How do you feel about open carry. He said he was all for it but then I was thinking ya right. He then said, I don't know you and you don't know me. At this point I was thinking is this guy serious. He was very agitated I thought he was going to reach for my weapon. I quickly told my wife we are leaving and the wife finally let her back in the house and we left.
To leave she had to go through the house? If so I would consider it an illegal detainment. Guess you won't be living there.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I had this issue when I was looking at buying a house. I was upset at first but think of it this way.... An unknown group comes to your house armed, are you going to let them in??

devildoc5

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I had this issue when I was looking at buying a house. I was upset at first but think of it this way.... An unknown group comes to your house armed, are you going to let them in??

Provided I knew I had an appointment with them and they kept everything legal (I.e. holstered not making any movements towards it and no threats)

Absolutely 100 percent...heck I might even give em a reduced price :)

rscottie

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Yes, I would let them in.

I wonder how many people have looked at those places carrying concealed? Wonder how many carried illegally? How would the man know?

Does open carry make a person any more or any less of a threat?

If you do not know someone, you should always watch them like a hawk when you invite them into your abode. The person showing the home should always be on guard for any sort of attack regardless of whether he sees a weapon or not.

IMHO, the apartment manager/owner, or whoever he was, just did not like firearms because his logic in fearing the open carrier more than fearing the unknown carrier is illogical.

USMC1911

imported post

I am sure BG's do not OC. 99.9 % of people OC'ing are GG's. I take notice of anyone OC'ing, CC'ing &/or BG's, but as posted above, if they leave it holstered, act as if nothing unusual is happening and conduct themselves as normal adults do, then I dont see a problem. I accualy would rather see it then to have to guess.

amzbrady

imported post

Should check and see if they are affiliated with any other companies, and see if the people showing the townhouses are the owners or just a managment team.Start a paper trail on them not wanting to follow state law on the business side, not as a private property.

I myself think it would be hard to keep my cool if someone is imprisoning my wife.

Crypto

imported post

Ya, the management wife holding my wife... I didn't really notice all that much intill my wife said something.

It was a weird situation. I've never had anyone act like that around me. First time weirdo cherry was popped there. lmao....

Ya, we wont ever be going back to that particular townhome complex ever again.

Anyone recommend any apartment complexs, duplex's, condo's, townhomes, or homes for rent?

Looking in the Graham, Spanaway, Puyallup, Milton, Edgewood, Sumner, Orting, Bonney Lake area..