• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Super OC contact in Onalaska Today

B

bhancock

imported post

Visited Onalaska today to update my cell phone account. So shortly into the contact the rep says ok, I have one more question for you, he points to my sidearm and says what about that? Not wanting to attract the attention of the whole store, maybe just those who could hear us, I kinda gave him a puzzled look like I wasn't sure what his question was. He says the last I knew concealed carry was against the law in Wisconsin. I answered it is, but my gun is not concealed. He thought about that just briefly and his eyes just like lit up. He got it! So he says "that is legal, I just assumed since concealed is illegal that you couldn't openly carry, is there any place you can't carry?" I told him that is common belief and I didn't realize the full extent of my right until I hooked up wit WisconsinCarry, I gave him a brochure so he would have the info about restricted places, and we talked some more as he worked on my account. He told me he was asking because he wanted to carry but didn't know he legally could. He said something to the effect of studying some of the web resources and laws but that he had learned more from me in 10 minutes than all of time looking it up. I expect we will see him on the forum soon and that he will become an avid proponent of Open Carry. He also asked if I thought concealed carry should be allowed and I told him that I felt it was our right to be able to have that choice legally and that it would certainly be prudent in some places to be able to conceal.

Carry On and keep those brochures handy.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WELL DONE!!

We meet regularly EVERY Monday morning at Starbucks in Onalaska from 7:00-8:00AM. If you see him again, let him know that both of you are WELCOME to join us.

Carry On!

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

Teamtnt2004 wrote:
Great job! Way to be a great represenitive and spread the education! WIN!!
Anyone know of OCers getting together in Janesville?

I'm in Elkhorn, I'd be open to coming over.

We usually have a GTG in Kenosha or Racine once a month as well.

Jason in WI

imported post

Teamtnt2004 wrote:
Great job! Way to be a great represenitive and spread the education! WIN!!
Anyone know of OCers getting together in Janesville?
If you put something together I'd try and stop by. The last two get togethers we had in the Kenosha/Racine area were just at a Starbucks. Just a bunch of guys enjoying coffee sitting outside chatting. The Starbucks store finder shows three stores in Janesville. Pick a store and a date, post a thread and see if anyone can make it. As Hubert posted above he does it every week!

Oh and for a location, one with a nice parking lot with store access (so we don't have to worry about school zones) and a nice and big outside seating area would be best. Last meeting we had we used most of the outdoor chairs.

M

McX

imported post

give me some advanced notice, and i'll try to get there!