• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about new law...

armyman29340

imported post

I have a serious question about Arizona's new tough immigration law:

Since illegals are now leaving the State , how long before the OTHER states that derided Arizona are overun to then point where THEY have to pass a simular law?
SC is already working on it, due to MASSIVE support of what you guys did.

Phoenix David

imported post

To be more accurate it is about illegal immigration, legal immigrants have always, and will continue to be. welcomed in Arizona.

We don't care where you come from, just come here legally.

I heard on the radio that several other states are looking at similar legislation, exact numbers I can't give.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

It's not an Immigration Law. Read it. SB1070. How long? My crystal ball's broke. I dunno what other states will or won't do. CA has a similarlaw that they seem not to enforce. OK's had one like it for awhile. No Green Card, No Visa, No Passport?You're an illegal alien. Immigration's got nothing to do with it. No more than the BP well blow-out is a 'spill'. Crossingthe border w/o permit is a felong (Title 8 USC) 1070 makes it a state misdemeanor. Either way... bye bye. BUT... they have to be doing something else illegal to get stopped.

Thoreau

imported post

Every day the local paper has some sort of sob story on the subject of illegals being 'forced to move to another state'. There was one story recently with a mother (illegal alien) and father (I don't recall his status, but believe it was also illegal) and their TEN, count them, TEN anchor baby children all packing up and leaving Arizona to move to, again, memory failing, I believe Colorado.

The same story, with all of their variations, can be seen and heard almost daily ever since the law was signed and those very stories aren't slowing up. I for one welcome the mass exodus of anyone who is here illegally. Regardless of what this photo (I took this one at a recent anti-1070 rally) says, illegal = criminal = GTFO.

IMG_9276.jpg

Eventually the other states will either drown in the costs, or enact similar laws. Either way, my state is getting things done =)

The real issue is that this change HAS to come from the state level, even though it is a 'federal issue.' The fed has EVERY bit of reason and motive to keep illegals here and get amnesty to pass (again) as is made VERY obvious by another photo from the same rally:

IMG_9602.jpg

If the states don't stand up and DEMAND that the border be secured, DEMAND that CRIMINALS be treated as such, and DEMAND it NOW, then the fed will get amnesty and the above photo will become reality, and then the problem just becomes even more self-perpetuating.

More fun from that rally in case anyone wants to have that 'blood spurting from their eyeballs' feeling =) http://xanthotech.com/gallery/v/ImmigrationRally/

TOF

imported post

The dumb ass in the picture is displaying his civil rights by carrying that sign. If his rights, whether deserved or not, were not being respected he would be spreadeagled on the blacktop moaning in pain.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Phoenix David wrote:
To be more accurate it is about illegal immigration, legal immigrants have always, and will continue to be. welcomed in Arizona.

We don't care where you come from, just come here legally.

I heard on the radio that several other states are looking at similar legislation, exact numbers I can't give.

Also that you leave when your visa has expired. One of the guys I work with was in Maine recently, they're over run with Somalis who came legally, and are now staying ILLEGALLY.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Arizona violates rights, but El Passo shoots them. Which is better? :what:

I think it is the fear of the fleeing masses running to S. Kommiefornia that is
driving most of the protests. Another half million welfare wannabees on LA's
dole and the entire state won't be able to afford printing the IOU's.

I wish the gov there would preface her comments that US citizens are allowed
to leave the country and come back when they like. Parents cannot waive
their childrens citizenship by obeying the law and going home.

Families of military and diplomats who are US citizens have the same choice to make,
leave with or without your family. Illegals should not have more rights than citizens.

I just hope BHO's motorcade runs a red light or parks in a fire zone while he is in the car.....:shock:

Huck

imported post

Every day the local paper has some sort of sob story on the subject of illegals being 'forced to move to another state'. There was one story recently with a mother (illegal alien) and father (I don't recall his status, but believe it was also illegal) and their TEN, count them, TEN anchor baby children all packing up and leaving Arizona to move to, again, memory failing, I believe Colorado
When the vermin do that they're fessing up to the fact that they know they're doing wrong by being inthe USAillegally! "We're not criminals". Bull@#$%! Their actions show that they are and that theyknow it.

Thoreau

imported post

They can fess up in plain English in public, and the bleed hearts will still side with them over the rule of law, and LEGAL immigration.

I think the latest AZ vs. Washington battle with Jon Kyl pretty much illustrates the EXACT reason why illegal immigration is not being touched.

Oh, and if Obama wishes to talk about who tells the truth and who doesn't... I recall him promising to send 'his people' out here two weeks after the meeting Jan Brewer had with him at the White House. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened, nor have any of the UNarmed and powerless national guard troops been sent to the border. Of course, they can still lock US citizens out of our own land along the border 'for our safety' while the criminals run rampant.

It's enough to make one's head explode.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Thoreau wrote:
They can fess up in plain English in public, and the bleed hearts will still side with them over the rule of law, and LEGAL immigration.

I think the latest AZ vs. Washington battle with Jon Kyl pretty much illustrates the EXACT reason why illegal immigration is not being touched.

Oh, and if Obama wishes to talk about who tells the truth and who doesn't... I recall him promising to send 'his people' out here two weeks after the meeting Jan Brewer had with him at the White House. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened, nor have any of the UNarmed and powerless national guard troops been sent to the border. Of course, they can still lock US citizens out of our own land along the border 'for our safety' while the criminals run rampant.

Hold on to yer wig...

PHOENIX (AP) - Mexico is asking a federal court in Arizona to declare the
state's new immigration law unconstitutional.

Lawyers for Mexico on Tuesday submitted a legal brief in support of a
lawsuit challenging the law.

The law generally requires police investigating another incident or crime
to ask people about their immigration status if there's a "reasonable
suspicion" they're in the country illegally.

It also makes being in Arizona illegally a misdemeanor, and it prohibits
seeking day-labor work along the state's streets.

Mexico says its interest in having consistent relations with the United
States shouldn't be frustrated by one U.S. state.

Mexico also says it has a legitimate interest in defending its citizens'
rights and that the law would lead to racial profiling.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

WTF? :what:

Thoreau

imported post

Clarification: *almost* enough to make one's head explode =)

I can only imagine just how much fun it is down in your neck of the woods...

GWbiker

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Thoreau wrote:

Oh, and if Obama wishes to talk about who tells the truth and who doesn't... I recall him promising to send 'his people' out here two weeks after the meeting Jan Brewer had with him at the White House.  I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened, nor have any of the UNarmed and powerless national guard troops been sent to the border.  Of course, they can still lock US citizens out of our own land along the border 'for our safety' while the criminals run rampant.

Hold on to yer wig...

PHOENIX (AP) - Mexico is asking a federal court in Arizona to declare the
state's new immigration law unconstitutional.

Lawyers for Mexico on Tuesday submitted a legal brief in support of a
lawsuit challenging the law.

The law generally requires police investigating another incident or crime
to ask people about their immigration status if there's a "reasonable
suspicion" they're in the country illegally.

It also makes being in Arizona illegally a misdemeanor, and it prohibits
seeking day-labor work along the state's streets.

Mexico says its interest in having consistent relations with the United
States shouldn't be frustrated by one U.S. state.

Mexico also says it has a legitimate interest in defending its citizens'
rights and that the law would lead to racial profiling.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

WTF? :what:

Is this a fookin' joke? Mexican citizens have rights?

What fookin' idiot wrote that news article?

crisisweasel

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
PHOENIX (AP) - Mexico is asking a federal court in Arizona to declare the state's new immigration law unconstitutional.

Lawyers for Mexico on Tuesday submitted a legal brief in support of a lawsuit challenging the law.

Oh there has got to be a solid unified response to this telling the Mexican government to go do rude things to itself.

Man, for a corrupt little narcocracy, they've got some stones. I have had good experience with Mexican people when I've traveled down there - nice folks, but I have had about enough of their ludicrous, embarrassing joke of a government.

Didn't need to read this right now. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

How about this, Mexico: How about you "respect the Rights" of Americans traveling down there to DEFEND THEMSELVES against the RELENTLESS ONSLAUGHT OF DEGENERATES you are too incompetent to take on yourself? How about that?

Oh wait, you're all in bed with those same degenerates and it's not in your interest. I forgot.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Thoreau wrote:

I'm never unarmed... that's about the bestI can do. My WIFE... is talking about gettin a crossbow and a long range rifle (or two). She thinks it's gonna get uglier... She's interrogating me on perimeter defenses (from my past occupation). AND... she's SERIOUS!

Thoreau

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Thoreau wrote:

I'm never unarmed... that's about the bestI can do. My WIFE... is talking about gettin a crossbow and a long range rifle (or two). She thinks it's gonna get uglier... She's interrogating me on perimeter defenses (from my past occupation). AND... she's SERIOUS!
Well, if you wanna beef up your range/punching power, I just found out about Bohica Arms up in Glendale that makes 50BMG uppers for the AR platform for pretty damn cheap =) That would certainly be a start. At the rate things are going, I really can't say my predictions are much different than your wife's.