• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vote in Parade poll

PavePusher

imported post

rodbender wrote:
Thos.Jefferson wrote:
rodbender wrote:
Thos.Jefferson wrote:
Funny thing, from the founding of the country up until 1968, that's one hundred and ninety-two years to you and me, there was no restriction placed on ANYONE buying arms. hmmm....... isn't that strange?
Don't you mean up until1934. That's when the National Firearms Act was passed. Thank you, NRA. Yes, theNRA helped draft it.
No that was a tax on automatic weapons. Regretfully that is a Constitutional law as Congress has the power to tax within the Enumerated powers.
While that may be true, you still have background checks and must be approved by law enforcement. That's infringement, my friend, because you have to be approved by the government. It was passed as a tax law because that was the only way that they could, at the time, figure a way around 2A. All they have to do is add handguns to the list and.....well, there ya go.
Taxing a Civil Right is infringement.

Cypher

imported post

Curmudgeon wrote: (June 14th)
Voted, for whatever good it'll do. ;)

Thank you for voting!

Yes 65%
No 35%
Well, it looks like the Anti's are flooding it.

Yes 24%
No 76%

Another form of "herd mentality" runs amok. :(