• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry audio

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

The sad part here is that the complaint will do nothing. The only way these gentlemen could have probably made some monetary/legal damage in this situation is to be arrested and immediately sue. As it is now, qualified immunity is giving police entirely too much power to hassle people who don't kowtow to them.

This is exactly the reason why the fourth amendment grants everybody the ability to be free from unreasonable seizures unless a warrant is issued by a judge, and is supported by oath or affirmation. A judge would laugh in that police officer's face and shoo him away.

We-the-People

imported post

So.... the cops got them to leave and the cops got owned? I don't see it that way.

This needs a complaint and a civil lasuit filed for violating the rights of the individuals concerned. No, they didn't get arrested (I would have) but their RIGHTS were violated by the officer(s) involved.

They also need to have an organized event at they very park, preferably when the safe officers are on duty.

It is time to end the practice of the police intimidating and terrorizing law abiding citizens.

What are you going to arrest me for.....uhhhhh Disorderly......PRICELESS just come up with the old stand by.

People, if you're going to do this, it's going to continue to be the same until people are prepared to be unlawfully arrested by the officers and have their day in court.

CARRY STERILE whenever possible. Z

DO NOT provide ID in this type situation.

INSIST on your rights, ALWAYS file a complaint.

We-the-People

imported post

So.... the cops got them to leave and the cops got owned? I don't see it that way.

This needs a complaint and a civil lasuit filed for violating the rights of the individuals concerned. No, they didn't get arrested (I would have) but their RIGHTS were violated by the officer(s) involved.

They also need to have an organized event at they very park, preferably when the safe officers are on duty.

It is time to end the practice of the police intimidating and terrorizing law abiding citizens.

What are you going to arrest me for.....uhhhhh Disorderly......PRICELESS just come up with the old stand by.

People, if you're going to do this, it's going to continue to be the same until people are prepared to be unlawfully arrested by the officers and have their day in court.

CARRY STERILE whenever possible. Z

DO NOT provide ID in this type situation.

INSIST on your rights, ALWAYS file a complaint.

coolusername2007

imported post

Ca Patriot wrote:
This is an everyday occurence by police in America today.

Yes, it is. Its gotten entirely out of control. When the police think they can simply bully people around for no good reason they become the domestic enemies our founders warned us about. Our liberties require defending. Getting arrested for trumped up disorderly charges is a huge hassle, but unfortunately its the only way to put this kind of tyranny on center stage and possibly getactual results. Simply getting your name and story in the paper won't be enough.

Open carry has been covered in the news long enough. There's no need to grant every LEO a mulligan before going ahead with the arrest and starting the process to restore LEA's to there rightful place as public servants to the People.

1245A Defender

imported post

read about the whole thing here Marysville Stop

you dont need to get arrested to have standing for a suit against the cops, checkout ohare v alamagordo.
no arrest but a 21000$ payoff in a 42 usc 1983, settled out of court!!
these guys in mich. did a supper job of hanging those stupid cops,

coolusername2007

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:

you dont need to get arrested to have standing for a suit against the cops, checkout ohare v alamagordo.

Good point, I stand corrected. And yes, they did do a very good job of asserting their rights and uncovering the cops motivations for what they were...just his opinion and preferance, not the law.

However, they may have unwittingly damaged their 1983 lawsuit efforts. On the tape they clearly say they are leaving on their own accord, not because the LEO was demanding they leave. This could be bad news for any lawsuit they may wish to bring.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:

At no point were the open carriers detained, seized, searched, or had any of their rights violated. They were merely threatened. The guy in the Alamogordo case was detained and physically removed from a movie theater. His fourth amendment rights were violated. As we all know, police can lie to people just as we can lie to people. I have a feeling that if the open carriers were to have went back into the park, the officer would have immediately arrested them (no better way to get arrested other than disrespect a bad police officer), and they would have had grounds for a fourth amendment violation lawsuit.

markm

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:

At no point were the open carriers detained, seized, searched, or had any of their rights violated. They were merely threatened. The guy in the Alamogordo case was detained and physically removed from a movie theater. His fourth amendment rights were violated. As we all know, police can lie to people just as we can lie to people. I have a feeling that if the open carriers were to have went back into the park, the officer would have immediately arrested them (no better way to get arrested other than disrespect a bad police officer), and they would have had grounds for a fourth amendment violation lawsuit.

Hey bigtoe,

I disagree with your assessment.

Back in the early 90s, I was treated much the same by a CDFG warden (California Fish and Game). I complained. My legislator and Senator got involved. The Chief of CDFG got involved. To them it was a really big deal.

Since my letter was only a complaint and not a lawsuit, they opted to have the warden personally apologize for "warden harassment of a citizen" and she apologized for repeatedly placing her hand on her gun, and for using her uniform and badge, under color of authority, as tools for her harassment ofme. She was forced to take an unpaid suspension as a penalty for her actions.

This incident was regarding a stream-bed alteration that she did not like. Her supervisor and I worked out an amicable settlement for the stream bed alteration that was easy for me to comply with.

Under color of authority, the Roseville MI police officers "forced" law-abiding citizens to leave a legal and public venue by intimidating the citizens.

The 4[suP]th [/suP]A was violated. I believe a court that follows juris prudence could only rule that rights were violated.

By your reasoning, am I to assume that you think it is OK for AZ cops to intimidateillegal aliens to self-deport, just because they are worried about public safety? Even though LEO does not haveRASfor detainment, PC for arrest, or any legal standing whatsoever to prove alien or citizen standing?

markm