• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eau Clair Open Carry Picnic

kd6sxa

imported post

I sure had a good time visiting with some good people. Other than a few minutes of rain it was a great day. Hope to see you at the next one.

Gordo

imported post

It was a great picnic. Best one yet. The organization was superb and the speakers were spot on! Great work and I'm looking forward to another event.

Carry On!

goforlow

imported post

Here is a link to one of the local tv channels article

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/96263314.html

Not a bad piece, but I don't think she still got the point of our event.

Thanks to those that helped us set this up. It sure was a lot of work. Dan - the master chef. I don't remember his assistants name, but thanks too. Al, Scott, Mason, Ryan, Ole, Annette, Missy, and Hubert. If I missed someone, I truly apologize. All the help was very, very appreciated!

See you at the next event in Glenwood City on August 22nd!

Carry ON!!

Sidearm.40

imported post

johnny amish wrote:
Sounds like a good time was had by all, I'm sorry to have missed it, some family things came up. Does anybody have any pictures?When is the next event?

I have some and Al was taking some as well. I just got back from cleaning up and am too tired to post them right now. I will put some up tomorrow for all to see.

Brokensproket did a great job organizing and putting this together.

Thanks everyone for coming out, it was great to be able toput some more "characters" totheforumnames...

Scott

Corrected misspelling

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

goforlow wrote:
Here is a link to one of the local tv channels article

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/96263314.html

Not a bad piece, but I don't think she still got the point of our event.

Thanks to those that helped us set this up. It sure was a lot of work. Dan - the master chef. I don't remember his assistants name, but thanks too. Al, Scott, Mason, Ryan, Ole, Annette, Missy, and Hubert. If I missed someone, I truly apologize. All the help was very, very appreciated!

See you at the next event in Glenwood City on August 22nd!

Carry ON!!
Don't mind my asking but where does the 99.5% statistic come from. I would find it hard to believe that your chances of not being a victim are 99.5% in Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Madison or any other of the larger cities in the state.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Was a fun event and I got to meet some new people. Looking forward to the next one I can make.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

goforlow wrote:
Good question, I didn't make that comment. Ask Brokensprocket.
99.5%

we must be careful making comments such as these.

So there is only a .5% chance that you will ever need a firearm in this state?

Kind of gives the anti's some fuel don't you think? Makes it look like we are just a bunch or paranoid lunatics or something. Don't throw statistics out there at the drop of a hat it doesn't do us any favors.

M

McX

imported post

i understand mr. gleason, but i do mention: if were the .5% for using a firearm, i bet the need to use a fire extinguisher is probably .5% too.

added on edit: Post them pics of the picnic guys!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

McX wrote:
i understand mr. gleason, but i do mention: if were the .5% for using a firearm, i bet the need to use a fire extinguisher is probably .5% too.

added on edit: Post them pics of the picnic guys!
That is not in the article.

Gordo

imported post

We stopped in the GM in Eau Claire on the way home and OC'd there. Nice store, nobody seemed to care. Funny thing is my wife got motivated by this picnic, when we pulled into GM, she was like "you're going to carry right?"