Thread: Olympia Gravel Pit

Post imported post

I traveled to Tacoma this weekend. A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go with him to the shooting range in Olympia. We headed out.

What I liked about the "pit" was the distance. I shot my Beretta 92FS up the hillside to see how far out it was accurate--not to bad. We shot his AK-47 off sights.

The setting was much more casual than I am used to, considering I go to the range on a regular basis but they are a structured setting.

"What does this have to do with OC/CC" will likely be asked. Answer: EVERYTHING:P

There was an older gentleman that cared for the range. He was friendly.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Post imported post

There was an older gentleman that cared for the range. He was friendly.
    That would be Frank. Really nice guy, use to be a Longshoreman. He's done one hell of a job cleaning that place up. From what I hear, the bikes & ATV's are no longer allowed past the gate.

Post imported post

The range was clean of garbage. If it was bad before, he did a great job cleaning it up.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Post imported post

I go to the pit on occasion, but once you get to know that area, there are also smaller pits further up the road that offer a little more privacy. The pit is a good place, until you are out there and there are others there who are just idiots with a gun.

From my house, I can hear when the pit is busy...
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!