• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Girlfriend with a gun..

Nevada carrier

imported post

I recently began a relationship with a girl here in Las Vegas and to my surprise she keeps a 38 Special fully loaded with cast lead +P+ HP in her night stand.

Now I just have to get her to work up the nerve to OC. I think she's a keeper!

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

good on you and her.

Best memory similar to that, I've had is when my girlfriend put her arm about my waist at starbucks and said "where's your pistol!?" Made my proud.

MPlannette

imported post

Definitely sounds like a keeper. My girlfriend refuses NOT to carry when I do. Usually we both do, or neither one does. Women who are skilled with firearms are a plus in my book ;)

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MPlannette wrote:
Definitely sounds like a keeper. My girlfriend refuses NOT to carry when I do. Usually we both do, or neither one does. Women who are skilled with firearms are a plus in my book ;)
I suspect they also make a fellow mind his P's & Q's real closely, too. ;)

JKelly

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
MPlannette wrote:

Now picture this.

These gun-handy couple gets married and have a daughter.

Fast forward about 16 years.

Now picture man and wife sitting the daughter's date down for that "Ten Rules for SURVIVING Dating My Daughter..." talk. :lol:

28kfps

imported post

Could really open up a completely different bucket of worms if she ends up with a bigger pistol than you do. May want to be careful when bragging. Say things like yah the person I share my bed with has a lot bigger pistol than I do might not be a good idea.

Nevada carrier

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
MPlannette wrote:

Why should a woman have to be armed to expect a man to mind his manners and treat her like a lady?

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

MPlannette wrote:
I'm more impressed when I meet a woman who has a gun and NO skills. It shows that she is thinking for herself even though she doesn't have anyone to lean on for gun help. A couple of my second dates with someone have been spent teaching safe gunhandling to her and her kids.

Nevada carrier

imported post

DVC wrote:
MPlannette wrote:
I'm more impressed when I meet a woman who has a gun and NO skills.  It shows that she is thinking for herself even though she doesn't have anyone to lean on for gun help.  A couple of my second dates with someone have been spent teaching safe gunhandling to her and her kids.

Yeah, I will be giving her some instruction. It's clear that she hasn't had much firearms knowledge passed on to her.

Nevada carrier

imported post

33434_1142312573877_1709364646_277270_1373766_n.jpg

This is my girlfriend carrying my Taurus in the SERPA holster. I was carrying the Kahr CW40. This was taken as we're getting ready to go out for her first time OCing. When we got back she said it was an incredibly empowering experience and she'll definitely be picking up a holster for her .38 special.

My sister saw this photo and commented, "She's a beaut, your girlfriend is cute too." :celebrate

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A fine looking woman, and from descriptions, an independent thinker. Gun cynics may look down their noses at the whole business of relationships where gun carry becomes an issue, but I think it IS an important issue!! It means that both of you are mature enough and practical enough to realize that personal security is actually very important, and the responsibility of the individual (not the state). It means you are on the same wave length about a life-or-death issue and taking it seriously. Good for both of you! I hope things work out well for you!

Dutch.

The Big Guy

imported post

It reminds me of the time my wife asked me for a .44 magnum for Christmas. I was in the shop buying it and mentioned to the clerk that I was buying it for my wife for Christmas. With a stunned look on his face he asked me if she knew I was getting it for her. I proudly told him yes, she asked for it. The comment from the guy behind me was, "damn, where do I get me an ol gal like that?" I told him if it worked out as expected that I would try to talk her into a bass boat the next year. Shoot, still don't have that boat but my wife carries, (Ruger LCR, not the super blackhawk).

TBG

Nevada carrier

imported post

She now says that she wants to buy herself a full size semi-automatic for Open carrying and she wants to keep the .38 special for her nightstand. So I asked her if she had something in mind that stood out she said "Something like the one you let me carry the other day." So I hopped us on you tube and found some good instructional videos and low and behold she now wants a 5" 1911. I told her it's a great choice because it's been a proven design for almost 100 years, they last a lifetime if properly cared for, and if you need work done on them, every credible gunsmith in the world cut their teeth on it, not to mention it's an extremely powerful, yet very safe handgun to own and carry and it's appearance just screams "I mean business."

I told her that if I could go back in time I would have gotten a 1911 instead of the 2 handguns I have now. I cant wait to be out OCing together someday and have someone notice that my girlfriends gun is bigger than mine.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

JKelly wrote:
Now picture this.

Now picture man and wife sitting the daughter's date down for that "Ten Rules for SURVIVING Dating My Daughter..." talk. :lol:
This can backfire.

Back when I was in my late teens, I went to pick up my date. Her father was sitting at the coffee table, where he had fieldstripped a .30cal Carbine and was cleaning it, no doubt to send the message about how to treat his daughter.

We ended up talking guns for half an hour.

Sabotage70

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
JKelly wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
MPlannette wrote:

Now picture this.

I take my step daughter's (13 years old) boyfriends to the gun range and put 30 rounds of .45 acp center mass into a 1/4 size sillhouette at 7 yards.  And then she does the same thing with the .22

I've been trying to get her and her mother to shoot the .45 but they haven't been agreeable to it yet.
Damn 13 and boyfriends. Boy I sure am thankful that I have boys. I think if I had girls I might answer the door like this.
WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3NQaU7awPI

The Nomadd

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
JKelly wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
MPlannette wrote:

Now picture this.

I take my step daughter's (13 years old) boyfriends to the gun range and put 30 rounds of .45 acp center mass into a 1/4 size sillhouette at 7 yards. And then she does the same thing with the .22

I've been trying to get her and her mother to shoot the .45 but they haven't been agreeable to it yet.
LOL, I think while the boyfriends should worry about you, they should also fear the fact that she can do that too...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
MPlannette wrote:
If he can't mind them of his own accord, he isn't much of a fellow...

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
MPlannette wrote:

Why should a woman have to be armed to expect a man to mind his manners and treat her like a lady?
If the person "behaves" ONLY BECAUSE OF THE WEAPON then he is NOT A MAN, just a poor excuse for a HUMAN! and should be dumped immediately where ever he is!