Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: OC El Cajon Car Cruise ~Wed June 30th

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    The El CAJON Summer Car Cruise starts Wed June 30th from 5-8pm. The Cruise area is on W. Main St. between S. Sunshine and W.D. Hall Dr. at the Court House. My research shows that the nearest school ( El Cajon Valley Jr. High) is on the n/e corner of Ballantyne St. at E. Park Ave. well over the 1,000 ft.

    Anyone up for it?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    If you happen to see a "cop" named Ransweiler, tell him I said "Hi" and that I hope he took a read of the Constitution since I last saw him.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    26

    Post imported post

    I am game for an outing. Used to live in El Cajon and agree about the school being over 1000ft away.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    If you happen to see a "cop" named Ransweiler, tell him I said "Hi" and that I hope he took a read of the Constitution since I last saw him.
    Yes I remember your encounter, still have yourreport of it. Come on out, maybe there could be a reunion?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    619P95 wrote:
    I am game for an outing. Used to live in El Cajon and agree about the school being over 1000ft away.
    I will post a meetup site by Monday 28th. Thanks for the 1000ft re-check

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    145

    Post imported post

    I think i can make it......come on people.....let's have a good turnout!

  7. #7
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Devilinbp wrote:
    I think i can make it......come on people.....let's have a good turnout!
    You may not agree with my stance, but open carry isnt really about a large turn out. I believe better results are obtained through consistancy, regularity, anddiscretion. Being armed is better as a casual, low key non-event that shows people that not all armed people are cops and thugs and that the general public can withstand the sight of an armed populous.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    Devilinbp wrote:
    I think i can make it......come on people.....let's have a good turnout!
    You may not agree with my stance, but open carry isnt really about a large turn out. I believe better results are obtained through consistancy, regularity, anddiscretion. Being armed is better as a casual, low key non-event that shows people that not all armed people are cops and thugs and that the general public can withstand the sight of an armed populous.
    I agree with your opinion completely, consistancy and regularity are key! But I also hope that we get at least a half dozen OC'ers to come out each Wed night of the cruise through the summer.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    145

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    Devilinbp wrote:
    I think i can make it......come on people.....let's have a good turnout!
    You may not agree with my stance, but open carry isnt really about a large turn out. I believe better results are obtained through consistancy, regularity, anddiscretion. Being armed is better as a casual, low key non-event that shows people that not all armed people are cops and thugs and that the general public can withstand the sight of an armed populous.
    I also agree with your position somewhat. I also think that the more people show up in support of what we are trying to accomplish(show the public that we are good people) the more progress we make towards that goal.

  10. #10
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Devilinbp wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Devilinbp wrote:
    I think i can make it......come on people.....let's have a good turnout!
    You may not agree with my stance, but open carry isnt really about a large turn out. I believe better results are obtained through consistancy, regularity, anddiscretion. Being armed is better as a casual, low key non-event that shows people that not all armed people are cops and thugs and that the general public can withstand the sight of an armed populous.
    I also agree with your position somewhat. I also think that the more people show up in support of what we are trying to accomplish(show the public that we are good people) the more progress we make towards that goal.
    The disagreement is with the numbers...

    1 to 3 in one location is "Hmm look at that- I didnt know people could do that..."

    3+ in one locationraises the potential that this is percieved as a deliberateside show, a distraction devised tobring media attention.

    If you do garner a large number ofparticipants, I would recommend splitting them up over a larger area, rather than congregating in one common area.The advantage to this distribution of participants is that police will not be able to conduct (e) checks with the efficiency to make it worthwhile to check everyone.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    145

    Post imported post

    Completely agree about splitting up into smaller groups.....just hoping for the numbers.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    Devilinbp wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Devilinbp wrote:
    I think i can make it......come on people.....let's have a good turnout!
    You may not agree with my stance, but open carry isnt really about a large turn out. I believe better results are obtained through consistancy, regularity, anddiscretion. Being armed is better as a casual, low key non-event that shows people that not all armed people are cops and thugs and that the general public can withstand the sight of an armed populous.
    I also agree with your position somewhat. I also think that the more people show up in support of what we are trying to accomplish(show the public that we are good people) the more progress we make towards that goal.
    The disagreement is with the numbers...

    1 to 3 in one location is "Hmm look at that- I didnt know people could do that..."

    3+ in one locationraises the potential that this is percieved as a deliberateside show, a distraction devised tobring media attention.

    If you do garner a large number ofparticipants, I would recommend splitting them up over a larger area, rather than congregating in one common area.The advantage to this distribution of participants is that police will not be able to conduct (e) checks with the efficiency to make it worthwhile to check everyone.
    I would agree with the splitting up of larger groups. That is how we handled our 10-12 person on our Julian, Ca UOC a couple months ago.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    CREWDAD wrote:
    The El CAJON Summer Car Cruise starts Wed June 30th from 5-8pm. The Cruise area is on W. Main St. between S. Sunshine and W.D. Hall Dr. at the Court House. My research shows that the nearest school ( El Cajon Valley Jr. High) is on the n/e corner of Ballantyne St. at E. Park Ave. well over the 1,000 ft.

    Anyone up for it?
    Ok, The plan will be to meet up at the Starbucks right in the middle of the Car Cruise zone. The address is 124 W. Main St. @ Magnolia St. The official start time of the cruise event is 5pm. Due to work, I won't make it until about 5:45, so that is when I will be at Starbucks; sorry about that that. Thereare plenty of eateries within the cruise zone. I will have some Open Carry pamphlets and a few "What is Open Carry" fliers also.

    Hope to see you there!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    UOC El Cajon Car Cruise This Wed 30th

    Quote Originally Posted by CREWDAD View Post
    CREWDAD wrote:

    Ok, The plan will be to meet up at the Starbucks right in the middle of the Car Cruise zone. The address is 124 W. Main St. @ Magnolia St. The official start time of the cruise event is 5pm. Due to work, I won't make it until about 5:45, so that is when I will be at Starbucks; sorry about that that. Thereare plenty of eateries within the cruise zone. I will have some Open Carry pamphlets and a few "What is Open Carry" fliers also.

    Hope to see you there!
    Well i'm going to try my best to get off work early so that I can get to Starbucks closer to 5pm. Hope to see you there!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    No Problems in El Cajon

    Quote Originally Posted by CREWDAD View Post
    CREWDAD wrote:

    Ok, The plan will be to meet up at the Starbucks right in the middle of the Car Cruise zone. The address is 124 W. Main St. @ Magnolia St. The official start time of the cruise event is 5pm. Due to work, I won't make it until about 5:45, so that is when I will be at Starbucks; sorry about that that. Thereare plenty of eateries within the cruise zone. I will have some Open Carry pamphlets and a few "What is Open Carry" fliers also.

    Hope to see you there!
    Well, we did not have the turn out that we hoped for, but was still a good night at the El Cajon Car Cruise UOC. I had a brand new video camera, thought I was ready for taping any LEO encounter, but then with both hands full with camera in one hand and OC pamplets in the other, trying to manipulate my camera hand was like trying to play a guiter for the first time! Needless to say, I was pissed when I found that I did not get the footage of the one El Cajon officer out of about six that chose to do a check on us! Sorry folks, I'll get better with my camera skills I promise! We plan on trying to be there each Wed night. Due to work, I won't make it to the Starbucks corner until about 5:30-5:45. Hope to see those who can make it Wednesday.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    145
    Just a reminder to San Diego OC'ers; we are meeting about 5:30 pm every Wednesday at the same location for the car shows. We have had nothing but good experiences so far, including LE.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    145
    I won't make it out to today's car show so have fun and keep educating the masses!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •