• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC El Cajon Car Cruise ~Wed June 30th

CREWDAD

imported post

The El CAJON Summer Car Cruise starts Wed June 30th from 5-8pm. The Cruise area is on W. Main St. between S. Sunshine and W.D. Hall Dr. at the Court House. My research shows that the nearest school ( El Cajon Valley Jr. High) is on the n/e corner of Ballantyne St. at E. Park Ave. well over the 1,000 ft.

Anyone up for it?

CREWDAD

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
If you happen to see a "cop" named Ransweiler, tell him I said "Hi" and that I hope he took a read of the Constitution since I last saw him.
Yes I remember your encounter, still have yourreport of it. Come on out, maybe there could be a reunion?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Devilinbp wrote:
I think i can make it......come on people.....let's have a good turnout!
You may not agree with my stance, but open carry isnt really about a large turn out. I believe better results are obtained through consistancy, regularity, anddiscretion. Being armed is better as a casual, low key non-event that shows people that not all armed people are cops and thugs and that the general public can withstand the sight of an armed populous.

CREWDAD

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Devilinbp wrote:
You may not agree with my stance, but open carry isnt really about a large turn out. I believe better results are obtained through consistancy, regularity, anddiscretion. Being armed is better as a casual, low key non-event that shows people that not all armed people are cops and thugs and that the general public can withstand the sight of an armed populous.
I agree with your opinion completely, consistancy and regularity are key! But I also hope that we get at least a half dozen OC'ers to come out each Wed night of the cruise through the summer.

Devilinbp

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Devilinbp wrote:
I also agree with your position somewhat. I also think that the more people show up in support of what we are trying to accomplish(show the public that we are good people) the more progress we make towards that goal.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Devilinbp wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
Devilinbp wrote:
I also agree with your position somewhat. I also think that the more people show up in support of what we are trying to accomplish(show the public that we are good people) the more progress we make towards that goal.

The disagreement is with the numbers...

1 to 3 in one location is "Hmm look at that- I didnt know people could do that..."

3+ in one locationraises the potential that this is percieved as a deliberateside show, a distraction devised tobring media attention.

If you do garner a large number ofparticipants, I would recommend splitting them up over a larger area, rather than congregating in one common area.The advantage to this distribution of participants is that police will not be able to conduct (e) checks with the efficiency to make it worthwhile to check everyone.

CREWDAD

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Devilinbp wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
Devilinbp wrote:

The disagreement is with the numbers...

1 to 3 in one location is "Hmm look at that- I didnt know people could do that..."

3+ in one locationraises the potential that this is percieved as a deliberateside show, a distraction devised tobring media attention.

If you do garner a large number ofparticipants, I would recommend splitting them up over a larger area, rather than congregating in one common area.The advantage to this distribution of participants is that police will not be able to conduct (e) checks with the efficiency to make it worthwhile to check everyone.
I would agree with the splitting up of larger groups. That is how we handled our 10-12 person on our Julian, Ca UOC a couple months ago.

CREWDAD

imported post

CREWDAD wrote:
The El CAJON Summer Car Cruise starts Wed June 30th from 5-8pm. The Cruise area is on W. Main St. between S. Sunshine and W.D. Hall Dr. at the Court House. My research shows that the nearest school ( El Cajon Valley Jr. High) is on the n/e corner of Ballantyne St. at E. Park Ave. well over the 1,000 ft.

Anyone up for it?

Ok, The plan will be to meet up at the Starbucks right in the middle of the Car Cruise zone. The address is 124 W. Main St. @ Magnolia St. The official start time of the cruise event is 5pm. Due to work, I won't make it until about 5:45, so that is when I will be at Starbucks; sorry about that that. Thereare plenty of eateries within the cruise zone. I will have some Open Carry pamphlets and a few "What is Open Carry" fliers also.

Hope to see you there!

CREWDAD

UOC El Cajon Car Cruise This Wed 30th

CREWDAD wrote:

Ok, The plan will be to meet up at the Starbucks right in the middle of the Car Cruise zone. The address is 124 W. Main St. @ Magnolia St. The official start time of the cruise event is 5pm. Due to work, I won't make it until about 5:45, so that is when I will be at Starbucks; sorry about that that. Thereare plenty of eateries within the cruise zone. I will have some Open Carry pamphlets and a few "What is Open Carry" fliers also.

Hope to see you there!

Well i'm going to try my best to get off work early so that I can get to Starbucks closer to 5pm. Hope to see you there!

CREWDAD

No Problems in El Cajon

CREWDAD wrote:

Hope to see you there!

Well, we did not have the turn out that we hoped for, but was still a good night at the El Cajon Car Cruise UOC. I had a brand new video camera, thought I was ready for taping any LEO encounter, but then with both hands full with camera in one hand and OC pamplets in the other, trying to manipulate my camera hand was like trying to play a guiter for the first time! Needless to say, I was pissed when I found that I did not get the footage of the one El Cajon officer out of about six that chose to do a check on us! Sorry folks, I'll get better with my camera skills I promise! We plan on trying to be there each Wed night. Due to work, I won't make it to the Starbucks corner until about 5:30-5:45. Hope to see those who can make it Wednesday.