• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrying while looking for a dress and open carried at Sears exchanging tools.

28kfps

imported post

Spent several hours in the Galleria Mall open carrying Once again I walked right by one of the Mall security guards. We were in Dillard’s[/b], JCPenney[/b], Macy's[/b], Kohl’s Later we went to Sam’s club, Wal-mart in-N-out burger. No problems anywhere. After today I am of the opinion that woman are a lot less worry about seeing a firearm than men. Waiting as my wife (hoping no one was thinking we were looking for a dress for me) was doing the fit test thing I ended up talking to some of the female associates. They would take a quick look at the gun as if saying in their mind yep it is a gun and quickly go about what they were doing without another look. With the associates only a few feetfrom my firearm I had several pleasant conversations while waiting for my wife. I know they saw it and were not the least bit worry about it. Of all the places we did go, the one place I could not carry a loaded firearm was at the gun show. I can have a loaded gun shopping for a dress but not while shopping for gun stuff. I did have one goofy reaction while in Sam’s Club. A young black man asked if we wanted to sign up for DirectTV when I told him we all ready had it he started waking over to me to ask how we liked it and got within 8 feet of me noticed the firearm stopped in his tracks immediately took a step back. We just walked away not saying a word to him; it was a good way to end a conversation I did not want to have anyways.

Also went to Sears in the Meadows Mall this weekend spent 45 minutes in store open carrying with most of the time spent in the tools department exchanging some worn tools. I opened up a good friendly conversation with the Sears person and In the middle of him talking, he noticed my gun. There was a hesitation in his voice however went on making the exchange without a hitch. I know that poster paintshow had a run in at a Sears andposted it June 27[suP].[/suP] It would appear no matter what the corporate or particular store policy is it looks to be up to each store just adding to the confusion who allows open carry and who does not. Was another good day of open carrying.

BionicJumpy

imported post

28kfps wrote:
Spent several hours in the Galleria Mall open carrying Once again I walked right by one of the Mall security guards. We were in Dillard’s[/b], JCPenney[/b], Macy's[/b], Kohl’s Later we went to Sam’s club, Wal-mart in-N-out burger. No problems anywhere. After today I am of the opinion that woman are a lot less worry about seeing a firearm than men. Waiting as my wife (hoping no one was thinking we were looking for a dress for me) was doing the fit test thing I ended up talking to some of the female associates. They would take a quick look at the gun as if saying in their mind yep it is a gun and quickly go about what they were doing without another look. With the associates only a few feetfrom my firearm I had several pleasant conversations while waiting for my wife. I know they saw it and were not the least bit worry about it. Of all the places we did go, the one place I could not carry a loaded firearm was at the gun show. I can have a loaded gun shopping for a dress but not while shopping for gun stuff. I did have one goofy reaction while in Sam’s Club. A young black man asked if we wanted to sign up for DirectTV when I told him we all ready had it he started waking over to me to ask how we liked it and got within 8 feet of me noticed the firearm stopped in his tracks immediately took a step back. We just walked away not saying a word to him; it was a good way to end a conversation I did not want to have anyways.

Also went to Sears in the Meadows Mall this weekend spent 45 minutes in store open carrying with most of the time spent in the tools department exchanging some worn tools. I opened up a good friendly conversation with the Sears person and In the middle of him talking, he noticed my gun. There was a hesitation in his voice however went on making the exchange without a hitch. I know that poster paintshow had a run in at a Sears andposted it June 27[suP].[/suP] It would appear no matter what the corporate or particular store policy is it looks to be up to each store just adding to the confusion who allows open carry and who does not. Was another good day of open carrying.
Same thing for me yestarday and today. Shopped at Sam's on Rainbow for more than 1 hour, Walmart on Eastern, Target on Blue Diamond. Went today back to the Gun show, they didn't even check my gun.And after all thisjust a nice shooting, out with my wife and daugther, out in the desert.