Thread: Encounter With A Bradyite

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

As some of you know, I work at a private club. This morning I was talking to one of the members, another gun nut, about the New Model Convertible Blackhawk I bought this weekend (Yes, gogodawgs, I own the one you caught me looking at. It was the last one in the shop.) when a departing guest started looking at us funny. Thinking he was just curious I explained to him that I was just telling the member that I'd bought a gun. His reply? "I'm sorry. What are your lead levels?" When I explained that the range I go to has a really good ventilation system so I'm not worried too much about that he said he's stopped going to Starbucks because they let people carry guns in there.

This was something I just couldn't pass up. I grinned at him and said "Then you're going to hate me. I'm one of the guys carrying guns into Starbucks." Oddly enough, he just smiled back at me and we agreed to disagree and changed the subject; no debate, no recriminations and no hard feelings.

Weird!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Just like most bigotry, they have this preconcieved idea of the people they hate, and it is confusing to them when you don't fit that perception or are someone they know. Should invite them to go to the range with you. LOL.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    As some of you know, I work at a private club. This morning I was talking to one of the members, another gun nut, about the New Model Convertible Blackhawk I bought this weekend (Yes, gogodawgs, I own the one you caught me looking at. It was the last one in the shop.) when a departing guest started looking at us funny. Thinking he was just curious I explained to him that I was just telling the member that I'd bought a gun. His reply? "I'm sorry. What are your lead levels?" When I explained that the range I go to has a really good ventilation system so I'm not worried too much about that he said he's stopped going to Starbucks because they let people carry guns in there.

This was something I just couldn't pass up. I grinned at him and said "Then you're going to hate me. I'm one of the guys carrying guns into Starbucks." Oddly enough, he just smiled back at me and we agreed to disagree and changed the subject; no debate, no recriminations and no hard feelings.

Weird!
    Beautiful gun! (but no pictures, it didn't happen

Funny story, I have some in laws that are the same way, well at least the females in that side of the family. The men sit quietly and I am sure secretly wish their wives would let them shoot with me.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

So he's STOPPED going into Starbucks? I wonder about all the times he was there and several people around him may have been concealed carrying.

Amazing what that 2mm of cloth will do to ease theirlittle minds...

:P

Post imported post

Talk about unaware! If our hero is boycotting Starbucks because they follow the law, he will also have to boycott Applebee's, Red Robin, Lowe's, and Home Depot, to name only a few chains that follow the law. Of course, that presumes consistency on his part; a dicey presumption at best with people like this.

MD

Post imported post

Ya know, I think I will change my co. policy. You must empty your weapon before entering. You may use the cans on the bank or the neighbor's dog. Ya 'll have a nice day!