• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Encounter With A Bradyite

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

As some of you know, I work at a private club. This morning I was talking to one of the members, another gun nut, about the New Model Convertible Blackhawk I bought this weekend (Yes, gogodawgs, I own the one you caught me looking at. It was the last one in the shop.) when a departing guest started looking at us funny. Thinking he was just curious I explained to him that I was just telling the member that I'd bought a gun. His reply? "I'm sorry. What are your lead levels?" When I explained that the range I go to has a really good ventilation system so I'm not worried too much about that he said he's stopped going to Starbucks because they let people carry guns in there.

This was something I just couldn't pass up. I grinned at him and said "Then you're going to hate me. I'm one of the guys carrying guns into Starbucks." Oddly enough, he just smiled back at me and we agreed to disagree and changed the subject; no debate, no recriminations and no hard feelings.

Weird!:uhoh::uhoh:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Just like most bigotry, they have this preconcieved idea of the people they hate, and it is confusing to them when you don't fit that perception or are someone they know. Should invite them to go to the range with you. LOL.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bookman wrote:
As some of you know, I work at a private club. This morning I was talking to one of the members, another gun nut, about the New Model Convertible Blackhawk I bought this weekend (Yes, gogodawgs, I own the one you caught me looking at. It was the last one in the shop.) when a departing guest started looking at us funny. Thinking he was just curious I explained to him that I was just telling the member that I'd bought a gun. His reply? "I'm sorry. What are your lead levels?" When I explained that the range I go to has a really good ventilation system so I'm not worried too much about that he said he's stopped going to Starbucks because they let people carry guns in there.

This was something I just couldn't pass up. I grinned at him and said "Then you're going to hate me. I'm one of the guys carrying guns into Starbucks." Oddly enough, he just smiled back at me and we agreed to disagree and changed the subject; no debate, no recriminations and no hard feelings.

Weird!:uhoh::uhoh:

Beautiful gun! (but no pictures, it didn't happen ;)

Funny story, I have some in laws that are the same way, well at least the females in that side of the family. The men sit quietly and I am sure secretly wish their wives would let them shoot with me.

Contrarian

imported post

So he's STOPPED going into Starbucks? I wonder about all the times he was there and several people around him may have been concealed carrying.

Amazing what that 2mm of cloth will do to ease theirlittle minds...

:p

Machoduck

imported post

Talk about unaware! If our hero is boycotting Starbucks because they follow the law, he will also have to boycott Applebee's, Red Robin, Lowe's, and Home Depot, to name only a few chains that follow the law. Of course, that presumes consistency on his part; a dicey presumption at best with people like this.

MD

Squeak

imported post

Ya know, I think I will change my co. policy. You must empty your weapon before entering. You may use the cans on the bank or the neighbor's dog. Ya 'll have a nice day!