Thread: Middletown update: BFPE letter sent

, ,

Post imported post

Well, I have the other thread with the debacle in Middletown so far.....

As of today, they are two weeks late for the initial 58 days and that's not counting the 2 weeks where they refused to take my paperwork after actually reaching somebody.

Used the letter on the CCDL website and just added a few personal points as far as the time line is concerned. A friend told me he had an issue in his home town (Hartford) and they liked having dates for "correcting" the local PD.

Let's see how this goes.........

For the record, no criminal record of any kind. Had fingerprints taken for work and a part time teaching gig with no hiccups.

Tick.... tock....... - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

, ,

As of today, I finally have my permit.

Journey since November with Middletown and I finally have it.

Got a call this morning on my voicemail that it was ready. Picked it up like 20 minutes later. Funny thing...... it's dated 5 days ago..... and I just received notification today.......

Two and a half weeks ago I sent a letter to the BFPE, don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

As mentioned in other threads, the PD just doesn't respect the statutes.

I think CCDL for getting me the information that helped me out considerably.

I'm a member and plan on being an active member helping others that went through the crap I did.

Thanx to all that helped me here as well, much appreciated.

Not afraid to even use my real name now.....

Connecticut USA

Obtain a copy of your complete Pemit file for your records

I would suggest that you get a complete copy of your Permit file from Middletown for your records together with copies of the cancelled checks you provide for payment of your state and national crminal history records checks.

The information you obtain may help others in understanding why it took as long as it did.

Your permit records are disclosable to you under FOI because you are th applicant and holder of the permit.

Ed Peruta