• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any So.Cal OC meets going on? Shall we make one?

FilipinoMarco

imported post

Hello everyone! Im fairly new to this site and actually Ive just found out this OC in California just a few days ago and I never knew you can OC in public!

I was wondering if anyone that Lives in Southern California is up for holding a OC meet and greet? Id like to try this out in my area if possible. I also wouldlike to have some people that know alot more about OC and the laws regarding OCto come along as well. I think it would be a nice way to meet up with new OC California Citezens and talk aboutOC and the lawswhilehaving coffee at a local starbucks or something. Im very familiar with my area and know where are the nearest schools that we need to be avoided as well.

I live in the Montclair area. (Next to Upland, Ontario, Claremont, Pomona areas). I would like to have at least bring people in from the L.A., Orange County, San Bernardino, Riverside areas into this meet. Pretty much the Inland Empire.

I know it can take a lot of preparation to organize a meet, especially one like this but it can be possble to do it. Im not saying to hold a meet this month or next, just when everyone has time and is prepared to do it. It would be nice to have one with at least 10+ people attending though! Also If this does go through, I would liketo have some people help me organize this meetand have a meeting with those who wish to help, to plan ahead.:)

Also I have some questions as well since im faily new to OC..

I have read that you dont have to show I.D. unless your driving. is that true?So if im driving my car to the meet and OC, do I need to show my ID to the Police if they ask for it?

Also, what happends if I do show my I.D. to them? will it create a way for me to get fined?

Thank You Everyone for reading my post! Hope to hear from you all soon!

FilipinoMarco

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
The training videos and FAQ have the answers you seek.

Ive seen most of all the videos and FAQs and still not the answer I was looking for.

All I just wanted to know what would happen if you do give your I.D. to a LEO? Thanks.

pullnshoot25

imported post

FilipinoMarco wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:

Ive seen most of all the videos and FAQs and still not the answer I was looking for.

All I just wanted to know what would happen if you do give your I.D. to a LEO? Thanks.
Umm.... you just allowed your rights to get raped?

FilipinoMarco

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
FilipinoMarco wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:

Umm.... you just allowed your rights to get raped?

Whoa Whoa Whoa! All I asked was a simple question thats all. You dont have to answer it if you dont want to. Just keep this thread clean, mature,and hate free. Thanks!

Rich Keagy

imported post

Friend:
Whether carrying or not, you have to show your Driver's License to law enforcement if you're driving in CA.
Walking down the street is another thing. If they have probable cause to suspect you are involved in a crime, they can ask for (demand) ID.
They can 'echeck' your gun to make sure it's unloaded.

FilipinoMarco

imported post

Rich Keagy wrote:
Friend:
Whether carrying or not, you have to show your Driver's License to law enforcement if you're driving in CA.
Walking down the street is another thing. If they have probable cause to suspect you are involved in a crime, they can ask for (demand) ID.
They can 'echeck' your gun to make sure it's unloaded.

Thats what I needed to know. Thank you very much Rich for this info! I was a little confused weather or not to show proper I.D. when or where I need to. Streets=Dont have to show I.D. and While Driving=Show I.D. ...thanks!

Rich Keagy

imported post

Be sure to download the tri-fold pamphlet about Open Carry and the California Penal Code.
I always carry a few when I'm out OC-ing. You'd be surprised how many Californians don't know it's absolutely legal. Be polite, kind and informative.
Only one guy I've ever met got an upset stomach over the whole thing.
Folks will ask if your gun is loaded, is it safe, etc.
They also ask about my grips (http://www.esmeralda.cc/).

FilipinoMarco

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
sorry friend,

but if you did not know you have to show your lic to a cop when they pull you over, then you do not need to be driving
Yeah, obviously I knew that part.... I just didnt know if even though I am OC in a car and the LEO sees it, is it a different procedure than walking OC in the street? But ive been reading more about the OC lawsin California and I pretty much know what to do now.. Thanks Though!

FilipinoMarco

imported post

Rich Keagy wrote:
Be sure to download the tri-fold pamphlet about Open Carry and the California Penal Code.
I always carry a few when I'm out OC-ing. You'd be surprised how many Californians don't know it's absolutely legal. Be polite, kind and informative.
Only one guy I've ever met got an upset stomach over the whole thing.
Folks will ask if your gun is loaded, is it safe, etc.
They also ask about my grips (http://www.esmeralda.cc/).
Yessir! I was planning on doing that as well as printing out those pocket sized cards as well. Thank you for the tips and info!

PincheOgro1

imported post

Hey Marco,

I have been wanting to go to an OC meetup for some time now, but I have to work around my work schedule. If the date coincides with my off days, I will be there.

FilipinoMarco

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Hey Marco,

I have been wanting to go to an OC meetup for some time now, but I have to work around my work schedule. If the date coincides with my off days, I will be there.

Oh ok cool! yeah no problem, just let me know in a private messege when are your days off for July. It would be nice if everyone has the same day off so the bigger the group the better.

I was thinking of a fun meetup where we meet at a local starbucks for a few hours and chat then later on in the afternoon go at itin a indoor shooting range that I go to and have fun for those who wish to go shoot afterwards. They also rent guns if you dont want to shoot your own. Decent prices on rentals.

Let me know everyone! Thanks!:)

Don Tomas

imported post

FilipinoMarco wrote:
Hello everyone! Im fairly new to this site and actually Ive just found out this OC in California just a few days ago and I never knew you can OC in public!

I was wondering if anyone that Lives in Southern California is up for holding a OC meet and greet? Id like to try this out in my area if possible. I also wouldlike to have some people that know alot more about OC and the laws regarding OCto come along as well. I think it would be a nice way to meet up with new OC California Citezens and talk aboutOC and the lawswhilehaving coffee at a local starbucks or something. Im very familiar with my area and know where are the nearest schools that we need to be avoided as well.

I live in the Montclair area. (Next to Upland, Ontario, Claremont, Pomona areas). I would like to have at least bring people in from the L.A., Orange County, San Bernardino, Riverside areas into this meet. Pretty much the Inland Empire.

I know it can take a lot of preparation to organize a meet, especially one like this but it can be possble to do it. Im not saying to hold a meet this month or next, just when everyone has time and is prepared to do it. It would be nice to have one with at least 10+ people attending though! Also If this does go through, I would liketo have some people help me organize this meetand have a meeting with those who wish to help, to plan ahead.:)

Also I have some questions as well since im faily new to OC..

I have read that you dont have to show I.D. unless your driving. is that true?So if im driving my car to the meet and OC, do I need to show my ID to the Police if they ask for it?

Also, what happends if I do show my I.D. to them? will it create a way for me to get fined?

Thank You Everyone for reading my post! Hope to hear from you all soon!
I'm interested in the meet-up. I'm driving from Orange County, so I'll need details on when/where we are meeting.

FilipinoMarco

imported post

Don Tomas wrote:
I'm interested in the meet-up. I'm driving from Orange County, so I'll need details on when/where we are meeting.

Awesome Don! Thanks for also joining! yeah, I will let you know when we will have this meet, hopefully sometime mid-July is the plan. All I need from you and for those who would like to attend as well, is give me their schedule when they are free or their days off so I can plan it, do a pre-meet and greet toget to knowyou guys, and thenmake it happen!

Thanks!:)