• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

La Crosse or surounding counties up for a share and compare?

professor gun

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
I didn't say it would happen I was expressing my concern so it would not happen.

What the hell is up with that response anyway?
Didn't you get mad and leave the forum a few weeks back supposedly never to return?

I have the same reaction as BNH when I read your snarky responses. What the hell do you care about instructors posting in the threads? You never come to any events AFAIK anyway.

+1

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

OH look it is the whole WCI gang!

Get over yourselves. You always blow everything out of context when someone doesn't agree with one of you. This is the OCDO forum. It is not owned by WCI and people are allowed to make observations.

You all are supposedly against mandated training and I just made an observation that some instructors could try to make this into not only a share and compare session but also a sales session.

If you can't handle that tough 5hit.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

By the way Fartacus I chose to come back to the forum because I was asked by numerous members to do so.

AFAIK, what the hell have you done for this whole movement? You held a picnic.

That doesn't make you a pioneer for anything. It just means you copied someone else.

As far as my coming to any events, which of you came to the events in Appleton that I helped with? You know the ones hosted by a gubernatorial candidate that wanted to help us achieve our goals for Constitutional carry. Where were you then?

No instead members from here showed up and did not offer any support only criticism. In fact those members came into this forum after the event and lied to the other members here, all because they supported Walker.

I have seen the many faces of the membership here. That is all I need to see.

As far as what other things I am doing to help this movement there are many. Just because you can not see them doesn't mean they are not taking place. In fact it is my hope that they will be a great help where needed in the very near future.

Of course, if you would like me to leave the forum and WCI, I can always take that work with me as well.

Come down off your high horse and read the posts for what they actually say instead of jumping on the band wagon just because another WCI member doesn't agree.

Remember I am a WCI member too. And I enjoy the right to free speech as much as you do.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
You all are supposedly against mandated training and I just made an observation that some instructors could try to make this into not only a share and compare session but also a sales session.
Here I'll agree with you 100% Mr. Gleason.

First, we absolutely stand against mandated training and will work to get non permitted concealed carry.

Second, "some instructors could try to make this into..." could happen at any get together. Instructors could show up at the meet/greets, the picnics, the "ammo wasters," and the share/compares.

Thank you for pointing out that in a free capitalistic society we may have to suffer a sales pitch from time to time.

For those who would like to come and try various hand guns AND long guns, I hope we should know if we can use the range on the 17th within the next week.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Thank you for pointing out that in a free capitalistic society we may have to suffer a sales pitch from time to time.
Barbara Streisand! I have my First Amendment Right to Freedom of Association! Watch me walk, or filter or reject a medium entirely (TV) for thinking I have a duty to suffer offensive speech.

Marketeers are exactly panhandlers! SCROOM, it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

J.Gleason

Banned
So you are like what, 8 years old? Interesting.

Any more news on the get-together?

" Didn't you get mad and leave the forum a few weeks back supposedly never to return?

I have the same reaction as BNH when I read your snarky responses. What the hell do you care about instructors posting in the threads? You never come to any events AFAIK anyway."

Well then I guess my response sounds much more mature than yours. You sound like some little 6 year old throwing a fit because you aren't getting your way.

You have serious issues with anyone who makes any statement that you may not be in agreement with and then you start battering them with your immature comments such as the one above. Sweep your own doorstep before you worry about mine. Just because I don't travel 4 to 4 1/2 hrs to your picnic doesn't mean that I am doing nothing for the cause. Instead I am spending most of my free time working on the GFSZ maps for the GFSZ law suit which will be used in the court proceedings. Have you done anything to contribute to that? I have countless hours contributed so far every since the attorney asked for help on the project. So, unless you know what the hell you are talking about, why not just keep YOUR snarky comments to yourself.

My original comment was intended to address the fact that many of the ccw instructors would attempt to use these so called share and compares as a sales gimmick to make money, in which case may end up causing some members not to attend as this forum is about OCW not CCW. While it is true that Wisconsin does need ccw, these instructors could really care less about ocw and all they are really interested in is our money. How does that make them any different then the legislators who want our money for fees? It doesn't.

CUOfficer

Not to spin this completely off topic, but I saw something in the La Crosse Tribune about an instructor offering an open-carry class. I hate to say it but it sounds like the blood-sucking leaches are coming out to make a dime off of anything. Really, an open carry class? I won't even mention the instructor's name because they are probably on this forum.

This event won't turn in to a bait-and-switch sales meeting, so let's just leave the topic alone.

J.Gleason

Banned
Not to spin this completely off topic, but I saw something in the La Crosse Tribune about an instructor offering an open-carry class. I hate to say it but it sounds like the blood-sucking leaches are coming out to make a dime off of anything. Really, an open carry class? I won't even mention the instructor's name because they are probably on this forum.

This event won't turn in to a bait-and-switch sales meeting, so let's just leave the topic alone.

I firmly agree. My only concern is that while everyone is getting comfortable with these events, they may become complacent and not realize the real intentions of these instructors.
While many may have questions, there are other ways to get the answers. If more and more people turn to these instructors, it will only be a matter of time before the ccw instructors approach legislators and come up with some line of BS about how many people are in need of training in an attempt to get training mandated.
I know, I know we have all been over this before. My point is lets not become complacent on this issue or while we carry.

For anyone to undergo a barrage of sarcasm for simply stating an observation is completely ridiculous and only displays that some here may be getting heads that are bigger than their egos. I guess that is what happens when one stands in front of the cameras too much. I personally don't see how my comment was an attack on any one person or the event.

Spartacus

Banned
Just because I don't travel 4 to 4 1/2 hrs to your picnic doesn't mean that I am doing nothing for the cause.

I don't know why you want to keep calling it "my" picnic. I did less than a lot of guys that were involved, and I sure don't feel the need to brag about my accomplishments on the forum as you apparently do.

What delusion makes you think that any maps you make up will be admissible in a court of law anyway? The DA representing the state will have accepted maps done by a cartographer.

This will be my last post in this silly tussle anyway, so go ahead and get in the last word just like my girlfriend does.

M

McX

that oc class might be useful for a new one, who doesn't know about this forum, or is too shy. everything i learned, i learned for all of you, on here. maybe that's why i'm so smartz?

J.Gleason

Banned
I don't know why you want to keep calling it "my" picnic. I did less than a lot of guys that were involved, and I sure don't feel the need to brag about my accomplishments on the forum as you apparently do.

What delusion makes you think that any maps you make up will be admissible in a court of law anyway? The DA representing the state will have accepted maps done by a cartographer.

This will be my last post in this silly tussle anyway, so go ahead and get in the last word just like my girlfriend does.

Apparently your girlfriend also thinks you do not know what you are talking about.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
July 17 it is!

We now have a confirmed location! We will meet at the LA Crosse Rifle Club at 1:00PM.

Each individual will need to sign a release form, and then we are good to go.

SAFETY is 100% top concern, so we will have a ZONE setup for individuals to handle unloaded firearms (get familiar with it BEFORE loading live rounds).

Eye and ear protection required.

I expect we will have AR-15's (223), M1-Carbine, M1-Garand, .308, .306, and high power 300 WTHBY-MAG, rifles as well as several calibers of handguns including .44-mag, ,38-special, .45 ACP, 9MM.

I would hope we will have several additional calibers, different types of holsters, etc.

The La Crosse rifle club also has a "plate" target, so we should literally be able to "plink" with the various hand guns.

Directions to the Club are attached.

Attachments

• Rifle_Club_Map_2-25-05.pdf
    138.7 KB · Views: 70

Spartacus

Banned
Looking forward to seeing the homies there on the 17th and hopefully I will have my S&W 500 along for y'all to try, but IDK if I can swing it financially by then.