• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any FFL's or reloaders out there?

AbNo

imported post

rugerdon wrote:
Sorry...you are going to be inundated with advice...and I have some more.

What he said.

I asked my grandfather for reloading lessons for Christmas one year. It so happens he'd gotten rid of all his .45 ACP firearms (he wanted to concentrate on his Cowboy action-shooting caliber), and that he had a bunch of bullets and casing left over. I just had to drive down the street and buy some primers. :celebrate

I will say this, make sure to test fit a couple of rounds out of every batch, or you could end up like I did, with a few hundred rounds that were still too wide. I didn't have my 1911 with me when I went to visit my family, so I could not verify their size.

Thankfully Speedy Mercer (for those of you that know him) let me use his reloading setup to fix them. :)

After that I only had to deal with the fact the only powder my grandfather had left was his smoky show powder. :lol:

AEubanks

imported post

Hey everyone, I appreciate all the info.... There is a lot out there but it seemed that every source I read said something different. I bought myself another gun for fathers day/our anniversary (which is also today), but the camera that I bought my wife for the anny was still significantly more than my gun, so I am thinking that reloading equipment may be coming here real soon and I won't get any complaints from the better half! :lol: