• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Willow lake meet...8/15

DEROS72

I have now been informed the media will be there.

OPEN CARRY DOT ORG
Armed citizens to descend again on Apartment community!
Standing up for your 2nd Amendment rights
Community Awareness Event, meeting and BB-Q
Where: Willow Lake Apts.3002 S.208th St.Seatac Wa. in the newly remodeled Cabana. When: August 15th Sunday beginning at 11: am to 3:00 pm Lunch will be served between 11:30 and 1:30..Also hot dogs burgers etc.prize drawings will begin at 2:00 pm. All residents of Willow Lakes and surrounding communities are invited to join us. There will be drawings for Safeway gift cards, Squeaky Clean carwashes, tactical accessories from Blumenthal’s and others. There will be awards given, and the grand prize, a new handgun (model will be a surprise also) .Must have valid WA. ID and current CPL to be eligible. There will be balloons and prizes for the kids. Dave Workman will be there again to sign books. We have had many victories to celebrate since our last meet but many battles lie ahead.
This event is about our community and looking out for our neighbors. It’s about the 2nd amendment, which in the opinion of many is non negotiable. It is about a choice, a choice to take responsibility for the protection of ourselves, our neighbors and the Constitution as it was originally put forth. Our purpose is to demonstrate, that we, those who bear arms are the American people who by the 2nd amendment stand firm for our communities and immovable in the rights given us.
…the Washington members of OpenCarry.org would like to thank Safeway on 216th and Pacific, Tom at Squeaky Clean Carwash and a special thanks to all of you with OCDO that made this possible.
…all power is inherent in the people…it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” Thomas Jefferson
Contact Jim Beal 702-348-3194 or burtb71@yahoo.com

Here is a couple shots of last years Dave Workman mans the grille!

Last edited:

DEROS72

imported post

Also you allremember Elisa who helped me organize the Olympia 2A rally...She is coming in from Montana to help make this a huge Willow lake event and BB-Q..Some met her at my house for a dinner...before she moved.She deffinately will make this one.For those who don't know she has organized Tea Parties and been a speaker at many.She was a speaker at our olympia rally and helped get some great guests...She also said we are welcome at her Montana place anytime...

elisatdtp2010.jpg

DEROS72

imported post

The event willbe as always from 11 to 4 pm .I will post maps,parking instructionsand all that in the coming days..

DEROS72

imported post

I am thinking of changeing to sunday.I jumped the gun.My 2 daughters can make sunday as they reminded me of a weddig sat.the 14th.I woulldn't be attending but they would.also my son in law and daughter are flying up from Ca. and could attend if on sunday the 15th...Waiting to here back but it will be final...

Trigger Dr

imported post

Jim, I should have a new batch of SALSA ready by then. Each jar will come with a small bottle of antacid tablets.

Nebulis01

imported post

jeangordon wrote:
Address or general area? What time?
My Internet Detective (tm) work puts the address here:

3002 South 208th Street
Seatac, WA 98198-5928

Based on title of the thread and the fact that Deros72's location is set to SEATAC.

Also I'm going to try and make this, finally meet some of you. Last meet up I attended was in '07 so faces and names may have changed

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
jeangordon wrote:
Address or general area? What time?
My Internet Detective (tm) work puts the address here:

3002 South 208th Street
Seatac, WA 98198-5928

Based on title of the thread and the fact that Deros72's location is set to SEATAC.

Also I'm going to try and make this, finally meet some of you. Last meet up I attended was in '07 so faces and names may have changed

That is the correct address.

Phssthpok

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Also you allremember Elisa who helped me organize the Olympia 2A rally...She is coming in from Montana to help make this a huge Willow lake event and BB-Q..Some met her at my house for a dinner...before she moved.She deffinately will make this one.For those who don't know she has organized Tea Parties and been a speaker at many.She was a speaker at our olympia rally and helped get some great guests...She also said we are welcome at her Montana place anytime...

elisatdtp2010.jpg

Hrm....I can't afford to make the run myself, but I wonder if she'd be up for a carpool type rider?

T

TWG2A

imported post

PHSSTHPOK WROTE: "Hrm....I can't afford to make the run myself, but I wonder if she'd be up for a carpool type rider?"

I'm headed that way from Montana on the 8th, withone of mymotorcycle groups. If you have a bike, you're welcome to ride along with us, but we're coming over a full week before the Willow Lake event.

Deros, Based on our phone conversation last weekend, I had planned to leave on Sunday, but will reschedule my U-Haul and departure for Monday the 16th so that I can attend your event.

I look forward to seeing many of you again, and to meeting those I haven't yet had the opportunity! Of course, I'll be providing some sort of home-cooked *goodie* for this event..... Any requests?

That picture of me looks so mean! Here's one that's a little less "radical". :lol:

Phssthpok

imported post

**Le sigh***

Much as I wish I had a bike, I guess I'll be missing out on this one.:cry:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TWG2A wrote:
PHSSTHPOK WROTE: "Hrm....I can't afford to make the run myself, but I wonder if she'd be up for a carpool type rider?"

I'm headed that way from Montana on the 8th, withone of mymotorcycle groups. If you have a bike, you're welcome to ride along with us, but we're coming over a full week before the Willow Lake event.

Deros, Based on our phone conversation last weekend, I had planned to leave on Sunday, but will reschedule my U-Haul and departure for Monday the 16th so that I can attend your event.

I look forward to seeing many of you again, and to meeting those I haven't yet had the opportunity! Of course, I'll be providing some sort of home-cooked *goodie* for this event..... Any requests?

That picture of me looks so mean! Here's one that's a little less "radical". :lol:

I like this pic best! ;)

My vote....something with peanut butter and chocolate!