• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a new OC-mobile (WTB 4x4 truck)

malignity

imported post

Since my old thread was locked for not being OC related, I am looking for the following:

Looking to buy a newer truck to OC in *with my CPL*. This vehicle will be donning an MOC sticker (provided I can con someone out of one, as I used my last one on my now totaled Jeep), NRA sticker, and various other gun rights stickers. Specifications must meet the following criteria:

4x4.
Quad cab/super cab (For baby seat, once I get around to having one. lol)
American-Made (Ford, Dodge, or Chevy)
No rust
Under 100k miles.
Under or close to $10,000.

I'm checking craigslist, GL4x4, etc, as well, but I figured I'd drop another line, since this is in fact firearm and OC related now. :lol:

Somebody got an OC-Mobile for me? :celebrate

malignity

imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
You can OC in your vehicle if you have a cpl.

+1.

Which I think you already know Kyle.

If you don't bother reading the 10+ stickies on our page, and just want to OC without any knowledge of the law, then that's not my problem. There's already tons of stuff covering this.

I'll even edit my original post to say that I need an OC mobile with my CPL, just to make you happy.

army74

imported post

Try Autotrader.com they will have what your looking for. Quad cab/super cab (For baby seat, once I get around to having one. lol)
American-Made (Ford, Dodge, or Chevy)
is what you said Toyota is american made lol

malignity

imported post

army74 wrote:
is what you said Toyota is american made lol
...and the profits stay at home.

Damn you army.

LOL

Anyway, I checked autotrader, and found a pretty sweet F150, I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. A bit pricier than I want, but if I can talk them down a tad, I'll be getting a sweet truck.

malignity

imported post

If I had a michigan pistol, maybe. lol.

My Mossberg is too long. Not quite sure even if I put a pistol grip on it if it'd qualify or not. 20" barrel.

lil_freak_66

imported post

whats the length from the back of the receiver to the muzzle?

should be able to pull just under 30 with a top folding stock if the reciever is short enough.

army74

imported post

I just bought a mossberg 12ga for 300 it has to registerd as a pistol so i can carry it as one but i have to be careful im skating on thin ice with PPD right now and the city:)

SlowDog

imported post

I am just wondering how someone can OC in a newer vehicle with low low miles 4x4 US made for under 10k?!:what::what:

I blue booked a F250 4x4 quad cab for OC. it has a 7.3 powerstroke....Pretty nice!! some surface rust starting and it was 13k....and had 170k miles......but would make a great OC truck IMO!!:quirky:quirky:quirky

malignity

imported post

Looking at a 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4 SLT extended cab, 85K miles, that I talked the guy down to $8700. Fully loaded.

My wife thinks that there's gotta be something wrong with it if it's that cheap. I took it for a test drive, it drives like a champ. Seems like a damn good deal to me.

scot623

imported post

malignity wrote:
Recoil88 wrote:
You can OC in your vehicle if you have a cpl.

+1.

Which I think you already know Kyle.

If you don't bother reading the 10+ stickies on our page, and just want to OC without any knowledge of the law, then that's not my problem. There's already tons of stuff covering this.

I'll even edit my original post to say that I need an OC mobile with my CPL, just to make you happy.

I think Kyles point is, in the eyes of the law...there is no such thing as OC in a vehicle. A gun "carried" in a vehicle is ALWAYS considered CC. Therefore only legal with a CPL.

cabman1

imported post

malignity wrote:
Looking at a 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4 SLT extended cab, 85K miles, that I talked the guy down to $8700. Fully loaded.

My wife thinks that there's gotta be something wrong with it if it's that cheap. I took it for a test drive, it drives like a champ. Seems like a damn good deal to me.

its a good deal for the dealer it only books for 8005.00 on kbb

malignity

imported post

I don't think I'm gonna end up getting the Ram. I've asked for a Carfax twice, and was dodged twice. They appear to be hiding something.

Almost bought a Chevy Avalanche earlier, had a credit check ran, monthly payments set up, etc..

Asked for a Carfax, and the vehicle had been in THREE accidents.

Yes, THREE.

I didn't buy that Avalanche.

Oh, and Scott, though I know you're trying to help here, again, my original thread was locked because it didn't involve OC or firearms. Though I mentioned OC, firearms, etc; truth be told, this thread has absolutely nothing to do with guns whatsoever, and I know I don't have to explain that to you.

malignity

imported post

I think those credit checks are just 'soft checks', but I'm not sure.

Soft checks don't effect credit at all.

I guess you've got a point though, being that I don't know for sure, and with near perfect credit, that's not something I wanna muck up.