• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry? Not any more. For this guy.

fire suppressor

imported post

"Fifty-six percent of the felons surveyed agreed that "A criminal is not going to mess around with a victim he knows is armed with a gun;" 74% agreed that "One reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot." A 57% majority agreed that "Most criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police."

Thank you for sharing that with with me gogodogs it was a fascinating read

arentol

imported post

Son_of_Perdition wrote:
Hum?

Thinking out loud here... I wonderif a person could make a holster that looks like a wallet that completely conceals a little Kel Tec or derringer .45 ACP?If you were to be robed youcould pull out your wallet/Gun and put one threw their eye. The bad guy wouldn't be the wiser. He would just think you were going to give him your wallet?
There are dozens of companies that make and sell pocket-holsters for firearms like the one in the picture shown earlier. They are as common as spit. Google "Pocket Holster" and you will find a million of them.

The trick is not to purchase or modify a holster in a manner that allows you to fire the gun without removing it completely from the holster.

For instance, if you took the DeSantis shown above and cut a hole for your finger to go through to allow you to pull the trigger you have just committed a felony. You don't even have to put the gun in it, just possessing it would be illegal. It doesn't even matter how well it works either, even if it means the gun would jam when you pulled the trigger and therefore fire only one time, it is still an illegal "All other weapons" (AOW) weapon.

Other than that though, they are quite popular and common. I have one myself for my Kel-tec P32.

skiingislife725

imported post

On the topic of wallet guns, there are a couple of manufacturers that claim that the ATF classifies their holster as a modified grip and not an AOW. http://artofthehide.com/ is one of the companies. I don't think it's as safe as a Desantis Nemesis though; on top of having a crappy grip on the gun. The Nemesis looks like it'd still print like a wallet, which is the idea anyways.