• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St Louis County Open Carry map

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

splitmap1copy-1.jpg
splitmap2-1.jpg

splitmap4-2.jpg
splitmap3.jpg

Version 1.0 last edited 6/15/2010 -Doc-

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I can think of no better example of exactly why the state wide issue needs to be addressed in a sound manner.

Thanks for a huge effort requiring lots of time and commitment, Thank you very much for stepping to the plate and working so hard.

Superlite27

imported post

Little confused about the yellow areas.

"Open carry legal on public property unless carring writen consent".

This is completely....er......yeah.....confusing. (mispellingses aside) How can something be legal until carrying proof that it is?

If this is true, what would be the point of getting permission, other than to make the very thing you are getting permission for unlawful (which implies since it is already legal, you don't need permission?)

Who does one ask for permission to carry on public property? It's public property. Don't we own it?

So, according to this statement, I'm legal until I write a letter to myself telling me that I am.

What about private property such as businesses?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Means some ordinances are written poorly most likely. Meaning it says open carry on public property ok but private property requires written consent from the owner/person in control of property. AKA the mall is private property even though it is open to the public so walking to the mall OC ok, but the parking lot and inside off limits without permission.

That is my take on it and I have seen ordinances written like that, though I can not speak for the areas, Doc will have to confirm.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

LMTD wrote:
Means some ordinances are written poorly most likely. Meaning it says open carry on public property ok but private property requires written consent from the owner/person in control of property. AKA the mall is private property even though it is open to the public so walking to the mall OC ok, but the parking lot and inside off limits without permission.

That is my take on it and I have seen ordinances written like that, though I can not speak for the areas, Doc will have to confirm.

The law says you can not carry a firearm on to private property that you are not in control of unless you have or are directly seeking written consent. You sir are correct. It is from an old hunting law that tried to keep people from hunting on your land. They are distorting it to use against OC. As well as I believe it has not been adjusted to allow use with CCW. This makes the law illegal but good luck not getting the ticket that you will have to fight.

Doc

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Then shouldn't it read: "Open Carry illegal on private property unless carrying written consent"?

Yes, I will change it on my next edit, thank you for your continued efforts to improve my work. Through your favorite tool "sarcasm"

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Really Doc, all that was required was the standard and direct snappy answer:

"Yes Officer"

Sorry there are days I just can't help myself :)

nrepuyan

imported post

sohighlyunlikely wrote:
Superlite27 wrote:
Then shouldn't it read: "Open Carry illegal on private property unless carrying written consent"?

Yes, I will change it on my next edit, thank you for your continued efforts to improve my work. Through your favorite tool "sarcasm"

Doc

super...i think doc is implying that you are a "tool"....:uhoh:

Superlite27

imported post

I have many tools in my garage. Many are useful. I like these tools.

Some are not.

If I am a tool, Nate, at least I am a useful one.

(Just for you, just this once, I'll use the :pthingie to connote lighthearted humor and thumb-to-noseyness)

If they had a thumb-to-nose thingie, I'd post it. Doc tried to explain how to post them in Wentzville. Something like posting a GIF as a picture. Although the general concept has been grasped, the actual time involved in doing such seems tedious and too much of an unimpressive cost/benefit ratio.

The ability to mentally envision a thumb to nose smiley behind anything mean spirited I may say will be greatly appreciated as it will have the added effect of not having me take the time to jump through hoops trying to post a gif that will only be glanced at anyway.

As a matter of fact, this reply is starting to tilt the wrong direction on the ol' cost/benefit meter.

Think I'll try to save it.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
I have many tools in my garage. Many are useful. I like these tools.

Some are not.

If I am a tool, Nate, at least I am a useful one.

(Just for you, just this once, I'll use the :pthingie to connote lighthearted humor and thumb-to-noseyness)

If they had a thumb-to-nose thingie, I'd post it. Doc tried to explain how to post them in Wentzville. Something like posting a GIF as a picture. Although the general concept has been grasped, the actual time involved in doing such seems tedious and too much of an unimpressive cost/benefit ratio.

The ability to mentally envision a thumb to nose smiley behind anything mean spirited I may say will be greatly appreciated as it will have the added effect of not having me take the time to jump through hoops trying to post a gif that will only be glanced at anyway.

As a matter of fact, this reply is starting to tilt the wrong direction on the ol' cost/benefit meter.

Think I'll try to save it.
moz-screenshot.png
smiley-faces-77.gif

Ya mean like that?

If the humor was missed, by all means no ill intent.

By all means PEACE!

smiley-faces-71.gif

Superlite27

imported post

I caught it.

I thought we officers were supposed to be jerks?

BTW: just my personal opinion, but I enjoy subtle humor. All the fun is either trying to catch it, or trying to slide it in unnoticed.

The entire process of adding smiley emoticon thingies completely TAKES A LARGE SLEDGE HAMMER AND NOISILY BASHES THE SUBTLETY INTO A BILLION PIECES.

Of course, others have pointed out that they also add a "just kidding" element to comments that can possibly be taken too seriously.

But, if a person's feelings are injured that easily or they are seeking offense, maybe this whole "internet" idea just isn't their cup of tea.

Not to mention this Missouri Open Carry group is a bunch of wiseacres to begin with. Anything offensive is probably well deserved.

Unless it's accusing a person of resembling a police officer. That crap is way out of line.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
I caught it.

Unless it's accusing a person of resembling a police officer. That crap is way out of line.
We might have some penicillin left from closing down the farm after grandpa retired, if you need some to get rid of "it" let me know.

Yeah that officer thing is a real insult to the real LEO's everywhere ain't it! You would think folks would have more respect for the hard working law enforcement agents than to do such a thing, but hey, its the world we live in today.

PT111

imported post

It just goes back to what I have learned about the Internet forums,especially gun related forums. It does not matter what you post or how many facts you include with your post:

At least one person will say you are wrong

At least one will criticize you for not going far enough

At least one will find a word mispelled, a grammar mistake or a fact that could be misinterpreted

At least one will say that it is off-topic and does not belong

At least one will say that all of you are idiots and Glocks, XD's or something is better

At least 10 will chime in just to argue about something

The remainder will say what a bunch of losers and go one to some other post to repeat the process on another thread.

The wording for the yellow also confused me until I read it carefully and then it made perfect sense.

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

kylemoul

can someone look at 15-44.3 for eureka, section F...

i am having trouble understanding it.

i think it says, relating to OC, that you cannot OC into any city building as this is a weapons offence, but the CC wont apply (as long as you leave when they ask)