I am going to be visiting some this summer in your wonderful state and just want to make sure I do things right, so here goes:
1. When I come into NC to visit, is it ok for me to OC?
2. When I come into NC to visit, is it ok for me to CC?
3. When I come into NC to visit, is there any special rules that apply to vehicles while I'min one of these modes of carry?
I appreciate the assistance! By the way, I carry a Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact in a Fobus Evolution Roto Paddle holster. Ammo, Hornady Cusomt 180gr XTP....
1. Yes so long as you are legally able to have a firearm than you can OC in NC.
2. As long as you have a concealed carry permit than yes you can CC since NC recognizes VA permits.
3. As far as having your firearm in your vehicle, if you have a CC permit, then you are free to have your firearm in your car any way you like loaded or unloaded. If you do not have a CC permit, then you must either keep your firearm in the open (in passenger seat, on the dash board, etc.) or if you have it concealed then it must be unloaded, ammo kept separate from the firearm, and the firearm must be in a place that is not within easy reach ( kept in trunk, secured in glove box, kept in a car safe, etc.).
Also as it is in most States, no firearms on or within 1000 ft of school zones (unless you have a CC permit, then just not on any school grounds themselves), Federal buildings, State Parks, State or Local Government buildings, restruants that serve alcohol, etc.
If I missed anything someone let me know. lol
Hope ya have a good time visiting NC this summer Gunny!