Thread: Clean Up in the Snoqualmie Nat'l Forest

Post imported post

From the NRA-ILA:
    The U.S. Forest Service is asking for volunteers to assist in a clean-up of garbage and debris left at several shooting sites located in the GREENWATER AREA on the Snoqualmie Ranger District of the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.

The areas are becoming filled with a variety of trash, household items, and shooting debris. In order to keep access opened, the areas need to be cleaned and maintained. The Service does not have sufficient staff to do this on its own and is asking for help.

Please consider donating some time to this effort. It is one of the major ways that keeps Federal lands open to the public for informal target shooting.

You are asked to bring trash bags and gloves. If you can join in this volunteer effort and/or have questions, please contact Officer Ian Canaan at 206-510-6496 or email him at icanaan@fs.fed.us.

The details of the Volunteer Clean-Up Day are as follows:

Saturday, July 10 9:00am - 1:00pm Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest Snoqualmie Ranger District Forest Service Road 70, Mile Post 5.5
    Just thought I'd share this information so we can help keep the area open. You folks did so well with the North Fork Pit in Whatcom County, so why not keep a good thing going?

Post imported post

I'm down if I can get the day off of work I might even bring a few friends.

Post imported post

I think this one is closer to Renton than the North Fork pit, so I think I'm down for this one too. Who's BBQing?

Post imported post

I was just there the other day, for the first time. It's a nice place to shoot but it DOES need to be cleaned up well! I'll see if I can make it up there with a friend. More people need to help with this! Epic bump! :P
    "Don't retreat, just reload."

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm up for this one... but I'd need to get a ride as my wife will have our car for business.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

Don't think I've got anything planned then. I'll mark that down on the calender.