• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clean Up in the Snoqualmie Nat'l Forest

k.rollin

imported post

From the NRA-ILA:
The U.S. Forest Service is asking for volunteers to assist in a clean-up of garbage and debris left at several shooting sites located in the GREENWATER AREA on the Snoqualmie Ranger District of the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.

The areas are becoming filled with a variety of trash, household items, and shooting debris. In order to keep access opened, the areas need to be cleaned and maintained. The Service does not have sufficient staff to do this on its own and is asking for help.

Please consider donating some time to this effort. It is one of the major ways that keeps Federal lands open to the public for informal target shooting.

You are asked to bring trash bags and gloves. If you can join in this volunteer effort and/or have questions, please contact Officer Ian Canaan at 206-510-6496 or email him at icanaan@fs.fed.us.

The details of the Volunteer Clean-Up Day are as follows:

Saturday, July 10 9:00am - 1:00pm Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest Snoqualmie Ranger District Forest Service Road 70, Mile Post 5.5
Just thought I'd share this information so we can help keep the area open. You folks did so well with the North Fork Pit in Whatcom County, so why not keep a good thing going?

MKIIIRobby

imported post

I was just there the other day, for the first time. It's a nice place to shoot but it DOES need to be cleaned up well! I'll see if I can make it up there with a friend. More people need to help with this! Epic bump! :p