• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Mexican' carry...

brokenbarrel

My wife was shopping in Fryes (Silverbell & Cortaro ~ Marana) 'n spied this guy with his wife and kids. The guy was carrying a pistol (unknown as to what) stuck in his waistband in the middle of his back (no holster) with a t-shirt over it. The t-shirt had ridden up 'n behind the grip... Not the best way to carry. I don't think it even legal w/o a holster. She didn't say anything to him... but I would'a if I'd seen it.

What would you guys do or say had you observed this 'act'?

first off unless your wife inspected him well there is no way to truely know if wasnt wearing a holster-i only say this because my wife and i use crossbreed supertucks mine behind my hip her in the middle of her back if our shirts ride up just behind the life saver then it appears to be gangster carry(no holster)-but we have yet to have it do this on its own,if it was truely gangster carry its illegal,just like shoulder holsters and thigh rigs that dont hook to the belt thats for open carry,ccw you could just throw it in your pocket no mention of belt holster for cc but after 7/29 who cares-i never carry gangster style,what if it falls down your pant leg but just me...

Last edited:

rondummy

My wife was shopping in Fryes (Silverbell & Cortaro ~ Marana) 'n spied this guy with his wife and kids. The guy was carrying a pistol (unknown as to what) stuck in his waistband in the middle of his back (no holster) with a t-shirt over it. The t-shirt had ridden up 'n behind the grip... Not the best way to carry. I don't think it even legal w/o a holster. She didn't say anything to him... but I would'a if I'd seen it.

What would you guys do or say had you observed this 'act'?

No concern from me unless he pulls it out and takes aim. Even then, I'm not pulling unless he's pointing at my family and/or I and we cannot safely escape.

GF

I dunno, I just think that it looks tacky when you are open carrying that way, but I know some that feel very comfortable carrying that way but with it concealed. I guess it is up to the person and hopefully they are not doing it just to look "cool" (which is what other people who don't carry usually see it as). Just my 2¢.