Thread: Flint has a No loaded weapons ordanance???

Post imported post

did any one see the artical on Mlive about them debating repealing the ordanance banning loaded firearms in Flint? It was funny as all get out they even said it was unenforcable LOL Not nearly as funny when they started spouting the whole "more guns equals more violence" babble
    America Home of the Free BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE ! ! ! !

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

Ever notice its the Cities with the anti-pistol/gun ordinances that have the biggest crime issues.....Detroit.....Flint...Pontiac....and so on?
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

Yeah I totaly picked up on that revealing bit of info, too bad they just don't WANT to see the forest for the trees
    America Home of the Free BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE ! ! ! !

Post imported post

Here is the link to the Mlive artical http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...ons_ordin.html

Post imported post

Here is a photo of the brilliant concilwoman....her last name is Poplar.

Poplar and 6th Ward Councilman Sheldon Neeley said they may try to change the law in Michigan by adding language that would allow Flint to enact its own rules for restricting firearms because of the city's high violent crime and murder rates.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
    ......they may try to change the law in Michigan by adding language that would allow Flint to enact its own rules for restricting firearms...
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Post imported post

Well let's see.... the BG'S using their guns to kill people are breaking existing laws...
    Yep, I'm sure a new illegal city ordinance will quickly bring that to an end!

She should pull her biased head out of the sand and wish it WERE the old west...the real old west...not the hollywood version everybody keeps citing.

As I have told more than one cop or person that cites this BS:

" I wish it was the true old west, we had less crime; and the elected sheriff's and other law enforcement had respect for the people who elected them".

JMO

Post imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
    ......they may try to change the law in Michigan by adding language that would allow Flint to enact its own rules for restricting firearms...
    Yeah.... the elitist arrogant wannabe tyrant's perfect wet dream... the ability to pass what ever laws/ordinances they, in their omniscience, deem necessary.

Wait... isn't that what we have happening in Washington DC right now?

....... now where is that "puke" emoticon?.........
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Ive gone thru there and even stopped in flint on my way upnorth and never knew i ll still do it.

Post imported post

The comments seemed pretty good. Seems everyone thinks the lady is a wrong, so I asked them where they were when Levin and Stabenow were up for election, considering they believe the same crap as this loon.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Post imported post

My post there: Poplar is weapons-grade stupid. She should be "disarmed" at once with removal from office.
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

There is a new article that the author posted. He quoted my post above.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde..._not_guns.html
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    There is a new article that the author posted.Â* He quoted my post above.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde..._not_guns.html
    hehehhe :celebrate
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    My post there: Poplar is weapons-grade stupid.Â* She should be "disarmed" at once with removal from office.
    weapon's grade, i like that!
    i almost forgot, i haven't been using my favorite nickname for anti's:
    "snot-bubbles"
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/